Purdey's (aka Calamity Jane) latest death defying stunt!

Nickijem

Visit site
After her drug taking episode last week, Purdey's latest stunt was to proudly carry a toad round the garden!
As I'm sure a lot of you are aware, toads can be very poisonous to dogs! I made her drop the toad then washed her mouth out - she was foaming as though she had rabies!
Luckily she suffered no ill effects apart from being sick in the night.

How many lives do dogs get? She must be on her 5th after nearly strangling herself in her carpet in her kennel, swallowing a bee/wasp, and taking OH's blood pressure tablets! And she is only 6 months old!

Nickijem

Visit site
Yes - who's idea was it to have a spangle!!!?:rolleyes: She is worth the trouble she causes though - just!:D

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Just today Otto has taken up absailing... without a rope and angered a mob of crows (think Hitchcock, I was legging it out the field to avoid the divebombing!) and those are just the death-dyfing stunts I witnessed!! :eek:

She is most definately a Springer, I think they are the most reckless of all the Spaniels, Otto's razor-blade incident proved that! :D

MochaDun

Visit site
Ooooh Nicki, after a few months of early saintdom it appears Purdey's halo is a-slipping! Glad she survived toad...wonder what is next on her tick list?! :D

Nickijem

Visit site
A-slipping? That halo has well and truly fallen off :eek::mad:!
She was such a good puppy - taking to her cage and kennel so well, being house-trained very early, going through the night from day one and staying close by when off the lead.
Now it appears we have a rebelious teenager who would rather run around the neighboouring county to the one we are supposed to be walking in - she has no sense of self-preservation (Kirstyhen will sympathise with me here as Otto appears to like rope-less abseiling!) and she has suddenly developed a type of deafness (unless there is food involved!).
We wouldn't swap her for all the money in the world though:D:D

itsme123

Visit site
oooooh you've YEARS of this ahead of you. LOL!

Sam (sadly deceased after 18 years of trouble making) had a few near misses.
He came via the army, where a vet had deemed him 'too troublesome' and reccomended he be PTS as he was untrainable, but luckily a rescue stepped in. New owners had him and he bit the male owner, and they were pretty much resigned to the fact he would have to go.... but Dad said he'd give him a chance.
My dad TRIED training him as a gundog, until he slipped his lead and was very nearly shot. So he became a 'house' dog.
He would always find hedgehogs, and brought them into the house on a regular basis.
He was an escape artist, and was often found wandering up the middle of a busy B road. How he never got run over we'll never know.
Once, whilst walking our dogs along the old railway line my friend threw a ball and somehow it went over the top of the bridge. All we saw was a flash of liver and white as Sam followed it. We shrieked and looked over the edge, half expecting several broken bones, and there was Sam galloping away with the ball in his mouth.
Another time he leapt from a bridge into the freezing river welland.
He once escaped, old age having caught up with him at this point, he had cancer, and it had been decided not to operate as he wasn't in pain but that surgery at his age would do more harm than good. no-one could find him. We put ads in the papers, we rang every rescue throughout three counties. We phoned vets, we phoned everyone we could think of. We searched for a week solid.

By chance I phoned one of the 'pounds' again, and they said yes, they'd had a liver and white spangle in for the last six days....

WE rushed there to find him wagging his tail with that stoopid lopsided grin on his face. Their vet had told them if he wasn't claimed to have him PTS. I was furious. He was microchipped too!

He lived for another four happy years before passing on quietly in his sleep.

He was truly the stupidest spangle I have ever met, but also the luckiest! :D:D