Purdey's holiday pics - New Year in Devon!

Nickijem

Visit site
Purdey had the best holiday ever in Devon.
We met up with friends who had 3 springers! Every waking hour was spent hooning around the beach or through the woods - here are some of her best moments:D

With her friends in the sea in Lee.....I think the water was a bit cold for Purdey - that's her leaping out!!
cropped3.jpg

A couple on the beach.......
cropped1.jpg

cropped2.jpg

And hunting through the woods at Tarr Steps
IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

We got back last night but I think she is still shattered! I have a quiet spaniel tonight, I am SO making the most of it:p

Nickijem

Visit site
Hehe CC - in that first pic there were 7 - yes SEVEN springers altogether!! We met with friends who had 3 then we met up with their friend who lived in Lee who had 3 springers!! Definitely a spangle overload:D

To redress the balance a bit, I am going to see my friend tomorrow who has just brought home her GSD puppy! I might even take a couple of snaps to post on here;)

Nickijem

Visit site
You were less than half a mile from me in the last two pics!!

Noooo! I'd have called in if I'd known:p
You live in the most fantastic part of the world - I am very envious! Everytime we go to Exmoor we say we're not going to go home - one day, we'll just stay there - have you any spare rooms!!?:p:D

Ravenwood

Visit site
I spent NYE at Tarr Farm (from what I can remember :eek: ) and live just up the lane :)

Next time you are down give me a shout :D

What day were you at Tarr Steps?

Nickijem

Visit site
I spent NYE at Tarr Farm (from what I can remember :eek: ) and live just up the lane :)

Next time you are down give me a shout :D

What day were you at Tarr Steps?

We were there yesterday, about 1.30pm. We were on our way home from Lee but stopped at the Exmoor Forest inn at Simonsbath for lunch (and so we could mooch in the army surplus/tack shop) then we stopped at Tarr Steps to give the dogs a good old run around before setting off home.

I might just give you a shout next time we are down! We usually find ourselves at Tarr steps whenever we are on Exmoor. I have been known to partake in a cream tea at Tarr Farm:D

Ravenwood

Visit site
Damn - I missed you then - I usually go for a run around that circular walk most mornings, but obviously I would have noticed a few spangles :) If only you had stayed for today you could have come picking up with us!!!

Definitely let me know next time you are down - particularly during the season :D

Nickijem

Visit site
Aww thanks RW, I would really love to come beating or picking up with you one day - maybe next season as we haven't got much of this season left!
We are definitely looking at coming down in the summer for a week and almost certainly for a few days before then.
In the summer we are coming with my sister's family and my mum and her dog so if you know of any self catering cottages suitable for 3 dogs, 5 adults and 2 kids could you PM me!! Thanks.:D

spaniel

Visit site
Have spent a serious amount of time at Tarr Steps Ravenwood, until the hotel closed. Am terribly envious that you live where you do.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Lovely pics. If I remember rightly, Purdey is just a smidge older than Chloe and I love seeing pics of her growing up. She is a beautiful looking girl, you must be really proud of her.

Nickijem

Visit site
Aww thanks MBC! Yes we are really proud of her - she is such a good girl as well as being the happiest and friendliest little girl we know:D

How old is Chloe? Purdey was 12months old at the beginning of December.

Spudlet

Visit site
I can't believe you took Princess Purdey somewhere so wet and mucky!:eek: :D

It is one of my favourite parts of the world down there, looks like you had a ball:)

Nickijem

Visit site
Hehe Spud - can you believe the little princess allowed herself to get so mucky!?:eek: I think she was led astray by my friend's spaniels!:D

She really did have a ball Tricksy - she loved every minute of her holiday, I think she is going to have a shock tomorrow though when life gets back to normal and we go off to work:(

Ravenwood

Visit site
In the summer we are coming with my sister's family and my mum and her dog so if you know of any self catering cottages suitable for 3 dogs, 5 adults and 2 kids could you PM me!! Thanks.:D

Try here... http://www.liscombefarm.co.uk/

or here.... http://www.exmoor-holidays.co.uk/self.htm

:D

Or I know of a very lovely private cottage, down a long track, just up the lane that would accomodate that many - but its word of mouth only - PM me if interested! - you can even bring your horse ;)

Last edited:

Ravenwood

Visit site
Have spent a serious amount of time at Tarr Steps Ravenwood, until the hotel closed. Am terribly envious that you live where you do.

That hotel is a private house now - but the, what used to be, tea rooms has now extended into a very posh hotel ;)

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Nicki, Chloe will be 1 at the end of Jan, she looks so similar to Purdey its uncanny. Sadly we lost our old girl Rosie over Xmas, she was almost 14. We have been to see another little Ess pup so that Chloe has a playmate and are just waiting for him to be ready to leave his Mum, so will soon be doing the whole puppy thing all over again.

Nickijem

Visit site