Purdey's one year 'owniversary' *pics*

Nickijem

Visit site
Although it feels like we have had Purdey all our lives (we can't contemplate life without her!) it is only actually 1 year this weekend since we brought her home to us.
The piccies tell the story of her first year with us (and the happiest year of our married life!)

Bringing her home aged 9 weeks!
DSCF1997-1.jpg

Looking a tad bemused by her new surroundings!
DSCF2006.jpg

But she soon settled in!
14022010.jpg

And found a comfy way of sleeping like all spaniels should -
14022010005.jpg

At about 5 months old she enjoyed her walks with Paddy, my mum's dog -
08052010001.jpg

And then she moved into her own 'pad' - Purdey's Kennel:
newpics_20100720_005.jpg

She spent the summer going round the shows and meeting her namesake stands!! At the Game Fair:
IMG_0027.jpg

Then, in October, she went on her first shoot:
IMG_0164.jpg

She soon learnt what shooting was all about and met lots of doggy friends including the very handsome Henry with his mum Spudlet!
11122010103.jpg

But at 12 months old, she is still just a baby so soon gets tired out - that's when after a hard day's shooting - you just need a warm spot in front of the fire!
28122010135.jpg

Sorry for the overload but believe me, I could have posted 10 times this many pics of the best little spaniel in the world :D:D

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Is it really a whole year!! Time flies doesnt it? I remember your puppy pics so well, we will have had Chloe for a year in March and she and Purdey look so similar they could be sisters. I always enjoy your pictures and posts about Purdey and seeing how shes grown up into such a stunning girl, I hope she makes you as happy as our little girl does us x

Nickijem

Visit site
Thanks both!
Yes I really hope we have many many more happy years with Purdey:D.
MyBoyChe - :D how fast does a year go? I bet you can't believe its nearly a year since you first had Chloe? And yet you can't imagine what life was like before you had her!
Purdey has brought so much fun into our lives - as well as the odd bit of frustration and despair!!:p

Spudlet

Visit site
Yay Princess Purdey! She's so gorgeous (better keep a close eye on her next time I see her, or I might just slip her into my pocket - she'd fit easy:D)

Nickijem

Visit site
Hi Caz,
Yes - Purdey sleeps in her kennel at night but only when its warm enough! There is no heating in there at the mo so she sleeps in the kitchen when the nightime temp is below about 8C - which has been most of this winter! All my previous dogs have slept outside in kennels/sheds but Purdey really feels the cold - she shivers as soon as the sun goes in!
Hopefully she'll be back in her kennel at night over Easter :D

Nickijem

Visit site
Eeek:eek: How did I manage to miss out that piccie?!
I will make amends:

IMG_0145.jpg

It was certainly a high point in Purdey's first year - she had a great day flirting with all the boys!