Pure evil cruelty - warning, graphic photos.

RubysGold

Visit site
What the ****!!!!
It just gets worse and worse doesn't it
That poor poor horse :-( utterly disgusting that anyone could do such a thing

Merlod

Visit site
Awful injury, and I wish the best recovery but to me it seems more likely just to be a freak accident.. or someone with superhuman strength to drive that through a horse! I know when my pony itches his bum he's so into it his back legs come completely underneath him, so under the same circumstances it wouldn't take much for the poor mare to loose balance and impale herself?

wills_91

Visit site
Disgusting. How could anyone do that to a defenceless animal and makes you wonder what they are capable of doing!

Hopefully they catch who did it.

Polos Mum

Visit site
I really hope that was some kind of freak accident - the filly with a metal stirrup iron over her hock this week proves they can get injuries that we don't see every day

I can't imagine what kind of a person who could contemplate that would go on to do next.

I'm amazed it didn't damage anything critical - poor mare

Fools Motto

Visit site
This did also cross my mind, but ''everyone else'' seemed to go down the evil sick human route, thus involving the RSPCA. From that, I assume they have evidence that it was an attack, and not itchy bum.

^^
relating to those who posted about perhaps self inflicting itching.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I would hate to think a person could do something like that - how on earth would anyone be strong enough to do something like that? And avoid being double barrelled at the same time?

rowan666

Visit site
Awful injury, and I wish the best recovery but to me it seems more likely just to be a freak accident.. or someone with superhuman strength to drive that through a horse! I know when my pony itches his bum he's so into it his back legs come completely underneath him, so under the same circumstances it wouldn't take much for the poor mare to loose balance and impale herself?
TBH this was my first thought too. Either way i wish the poor mare a speedy recovery

RubysGold

Visit site
Same, it crossed my mind that it could be an accident, but I thought the amount of force needed to cause that wouldn't happen naturally (then someone mentioned them having a scratch and that could cause it)

Did anyone see the picture of a mare that had died giving birth, abandoned when it needed help (had ropes round her feet) that made me feel sick. I sometimes think the pictures shouldn't be online

3OldPonies

Visit site
I wish I hadn't looked. There are some sick people in this world, and if they get caught then to my mind there is only one thing bad enough for them. I can quite understand why the pics were published, but I always worry that it might put ideas into other perverts heads.

Poor horse, I hope she makes a full recovery.

ozpoz

Visit site
Horrible. Poor mare. There are some ill and evil people in the world. : (
I hope she recovers well from this - and her owners too.

webble

Visit site
I hadn't thought accident but now others have mentioned it I have because my first thought was how would you get a horse that big to stand still whilst you did that, surely no matter how friendly a horse that would take at least three people :(

spike123

Visit site
It is at rather an odd angle but i guess all it would take as already said is a horse to rub against something and the wood to splinter, horse to lose balance and that could easily be the result. The horse that died giving birth to a foal was awful. It happened not that far from me. Sadly its an area that dead horses are being very regularly dumped.

conniegirl

Visit site
It's deffinatly not freak accident, if you look at the blood pattern the stick entered from her vulva and not from underneath and other pictures show a deliberately sharpened end, so unless the mare some how managed to get a sharpened stick in there and then pushed up against it until it stuck out whilst causing herself considerable pain then there is only one way it could have got there and that is unfortunately a person who knows how to handle horses!

My gelding allowed a vet to do an internal exam of his pelvis without sedation, it's not unreasonable to think a mare of a placid breed who is used to scans, flushes or even AI would allow someone to do that to her

FfionWinnie

Visit site

I totally agree it's ludicrous to suggest a human could have the strength and agility and aim to inflict this on a massive horse. The outpouring of vitoriol over this on the FB threads is bonkers. I am positive she did it herself, far far more believable!

As for the angle she could have been scratching or rolling or anything. How many scrapes to horses get themselves into.

MagicMelon

Visit site
This has happened a few times over the years so isn't a new level of cruelty. I bought a pony from some poor lady whose mare had this happen to - she was in foal too and I believe both died as a result. Truly awful what people do and really very very disturbing that there are people out there who are so mentally screwed up to do such a thing.

Princess16

Visit site
Sorry I can't even look ! Makes my blood boil. From what some have said I do hope it was just a freak accident although in this day and age nothing surprises me unfortunately :-(

sarahw123

Visit site
This is one of the worst pictures of these awful things that I have ever seen! Anyone who is thinking of having a look, be warned. It's sickening and disturbing

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I have had the misfortune to teach a young man in an institution ,which I will not name, who used to get a great deal of sick, sexual pleasure from doing this to mares but with a knife. He had no remorse , I have no doubt he is out there abusing animals just like this and by this point his own kids as well. In the South East on the news tonight, there is a story about a man who was fighting dogs and wild animals in his back garden. The dogs were in a terrible state, the wild animals were dead. He was given just under 100 days inside, banned from keeping animals( like he is going to follow that) and a £10000 fine( like he will pay up) , even the magistrate said it was not enough but was all that he could give. Until these sick acts are treated seriously and sanctions match there horror they will continue.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
People who refuse to believe that humans are not capable of a) having the idea of doing such things without someone 'giving' them the idea, b) doing such things (and far worse) c) transferring these ideas to people, do not live in the world I work in. By not acknowledging that these things happen,society allows them to continue.

rara007

Visit site
Agree with Ffion. A human wouldn't be strong or quick enough, even sharpened wood wouldn't pierce like that, and the end that went through looks blunt. To do that it had the full weight of the horse behind it, such as during scratching. There's much safer for the human ways to kill a horse than that - as they're trying to suggest that was the motive. I don't doubt evil things happen, but not to heavy horse mares with bits of broken wood piercing right through.

Lyle

Visit site
Glad the mare was found quickly and treated promptly. Very horrifying for the owner. I too am sceptical that this particular case had human involvement. Surely the only way to achieve this would have required a hefty restraint system, in which case there would be evidence such as skin trauma where legs were tied up, etc. I'm not saying sickos aren't out there, and in any case, animal abuse deserves a far more hefty sentence than it attracts now!
I'm just careful about what I see on FB and immediately believing it. A few weeks ago, a local girl posted that her horse had been 'shot' in the chest over night, and that 3 other neighbouring horses had been shot and killed. This obviously attracted mass hysteria, police were notified, RSPCA, etc. A few days later, there were statements from Police and RSPCA saying the could find no evidence of other 'shot and killed' horses, and a statement from the vet saying the 'gun shot wound' was, indeed, a stake wound.

jrp204

Visit site
People who refuse to believe that humans are not capable of a) having the idea of doing such things without someone 'giving' them the idea, b) doing such things (and far worse) c) transferring these ideas to people, do not live in the world I work in. By not acknowledging that these things happen,society allows them to continue.

I don't think anyone is doubting humans can be capable of extreme acts of cruelty. BUT, I think, like several others that this may be a very bizarre accident. For a person to do that they would have to be considerably higher than the horse and either be extremely strong or use a hammer. I somehow doubt she would have stayed still long enough for this to be done deliberately. Or, she's rubbing her bum looses her balance and that ain't no 500kg horse, stands up quickly and pushes the wood through.
Who knows. Horrific either way.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I don't think anyone is doubting humans can be capable of extreme acts of cruelty. BUT, I think, like several others that this may be a very bizarre accident. For a person to do that they would have to be considerably higher than the horse and either be extremely strong or use a hammer. I somehow doubt she would have stayed still long enough for this to be done deliberately. Or, she's rubbing her bum looses her balance and that ain't no 500kg horse, stands up quickly and pushes the wood through.
Who knows. Horrific either way.

Yes exactly. I am aware there a sick people in the world however the physical impossibility of a human driving a stake into a horses musculature is to me improbable in the extreme. Especially a horse of that size. They would be superhuman to achieve it.

Look at the horse that got it's own leg up to the hock through a stirrup iron while the saddle was attached to the horse. You wouldn't believe that could happen.

I see bizzare cattle and sheep situations all the flaming time, they get themselves into ridiculous scrapes.

I have yet to see any evidence that proves human intervention.