Pure Feed Fibre Balancer or TopSpec Lite Balancer?

NativePonyLover

Visit site
I'm considering changing P's feed - as he's currently just feed Allen & Page Fast Fibre, Spillers Happy Hoof, magnesium & Progressive Earth Pro Balance for his vitamins & minerals.

He's a good doer, so doesn't need extra calories - but he's on Fast Fibre & Happy Hoof to get his vits & mins into him. But, I've heard good things about balancers & it would be certainly be easier to just have one thing to feed - as my parents or a friend sometimes make up feeds.

I've done some research & like the look of both Pure Feeds Fibre balancer and TopSpec Lite & not sure which to go with.

Does anyone feed either & have some personal feedback?

Follysmum

Visit site
I have done the opposite to you :) used to use Pure Feeds but after grass analysis have changed to Fast Fibre, Pro Balance, Micro Linseed, tumeric, ground pepper and mag ox. Find it much much cheaper than on Pure Feeds.

romulus

Visit site
My 6yo has always just had balancer from foal to now. I fed pure feeds part from 1 bag top spec earlier this winter. Pure feeds keep him balanced mentally and although he loves food of any sort he does not seem to be hungry so is easier to handle and do. The time of feeding top spec just made him a little more agitated and as if he was hungry. Every horse and situation is different though but for me pure feeds win every time

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Tbh your on a VERY good balancer with pro balance and there is no added cheap fillers to that one just goodness. I'm not sure about pure feeds so can't comment on that but topspec really is a waste of money, go and look at the ingredients!

Jericho

Visit site
I quite like PureFeeds - it's a very simple easy way to feed a horse a natural diet without added cereals or molasses. Mine like it and you don't have to feed a lot of the balancer to get the recommended amount. It is more expensive but not more so than feeding pro balance or another balancer. I just add a bit more mag ox, yea sac and salt when grass is lush or speedibeet and linseed in winter