pure feed help!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
I've been feeding my gelding pure conditioning for a few months now.

I think the theory behind pure feeds it great and I often recommend it!

His condition has improved and his concentration too, its so easy to feed.

However he still never finished the bucket, he often eats around the brown nuts carefully picking out everything else!

What I need is the conditioning mix in a complete nut.

I know they do conditioning nuts but is it the same as the mix?
Will I still need to add a chaff to it?
If so what is best and as close as possible to what they use?

Or should I just buy the pure balancer and add that to a chaff?
So confusing!

Think I will email pure feeds but wondered what you thought!

ScratchyMooMoo

Visit site
I just feed pure condition, which is a tiny pellet, which I then add a bit of (Alpha or Alpha Oil/Speedi Beet) depending what he needs at the time of year. You could just feed the pure conditioner pellet on its own though. You don't need to add anything if you don't want to.

ecrozier

Visit site
Lol and mine love it! Including my fussier one who wouldn't eat for a month when I tried simple systems.

ScratchyMooMoo

Visit site
I lied! lol I actually feed pure balance! Which is just a pelleted Balancer, all the other products seem to have this as their base anyway and have things such as chaff/Soya or oil added. So I figure I can just add my own extras as and when I need it.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Kezimac

That's what I'm.thinking of trying, I just want to be sure its the same as the conditioning mix or do I go for the balancer.

Also if I add a chaff I can't use alpha a, think that affects him!

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
Pure Feeds Easy soaked for an hour makes a nice mash, even though its got chaff bits in it. He wouldn't be able to pick out the nuts he doesn't like. I use the same amount food as water. Eg one scoop of each.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Not tried mixing it with speedobeet.

Not sure he would like it as a mash I tried fast fibre and he would only pick at it,I'm convinced it was due to the consistency.

Kat

Visit site
I just pop half a scoop of soaked speedibeet in with mine, I don't damp it down any further. Might be worth a try..... My mare will eat hers on its own too but mixing it with soaked beet might disguise whatever it is yours doesn't like. If not they do a pellet form of pure condition.

Kat

Visit site
I don't think you would need a chaff to feed with the pellet, they are complete feeds so no need to mix them. If you call pure feeds they will tell you whether the formula is the same.