Put My foot In It - How do I apologise?

StephBiscuit

Visit site
Last week I joked that I was going to bump Cath off in order to buy Max and someone told Cath and also told her that I said that I was going to dig Josh up and send him to Neil (which I hadn't - all I'd said was that Gavin had told me to ring Neil and ask to speak to Josh. ) Now she's banned me from riding or going near Max. How can I apologise?

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
confused.gif

Spyda

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew.... not just me left scratching my head, then.

Not sure how we can help if we don't know the full story, sorry OP!

StephBiscuit

Visit site
I ride a cob called Max in my riding lessons but he's owned and I joked that the only way I'd be able to buy him would be if I bumped his owner off. This got back to his owner and she said that I'm not allowed to ride him anymore.

ever_hopeful

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I ride a cob called Max in my riding lessons but he's owned and I joked that the only way I'd be able to buy him would be if I bumped his owner off. This got back to his owner and she said that I'm not allowed to ride him anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, for goodness sakes - how can she take such a comment seriously! She must be rather anal to be bothered by it.

I honestly don't know what to say. I guess you should go up and speak to her about why you're no longer permitted to ride Max if that is, infact, the case now. I mean, has she told this herself, or have you been told this via someone else? If it's hearsay, I'd approach her and tell her what you've heard. It would be the ideal opportunity to explain that you were just joking, and said it bacause you love him so much and how lucky she is to own him. How can she be upset by that!?

On the otherhand, if she's come up and told you to your face that she no longer wants you riding him in the riding school, then that indicates she's taken it all rather seriously. Again, best thing to do would be to go up and explain why you said what you did and that you were only joking.

Other than that, there is little you can do.

Dubsie

Visit site
I would simply buy a card and write a note to apologise for the chinese whispers that have happened and that it wasn't your intention to be taken literally and upset her as the point you were making was that you know how much she loves Max and that she wouldn't be selling him to you or anyone, and send with some flowers/bottle of wine.
Then think to put brain in gear before opening mouth in future, these horsey people love rumours/to gossip

D

Donkeymad

You have to say how many horses are in the picture though
grin.gif

OP. I am assuming this horse is on working livery, in which case it will be down the the RS who rides what and when.