put my nerves at rest!!

Tempi

Visit site
will a horse fail a 5 stage vetting if its got a splint? its 3 months old (the splint!!) and has never made the horse lame, its tiny and on the off fore (obviously on the inside)....

someone please tell me it won't fail because of that..........my nerves aren't good at the moment................
crazy.gif

KatB

Visit site
Nope, it may be brought to your attention for showing etc, but otherwise, NO!! What you having vetted?! Have I missed something!?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
As long as the horse isn't lame, which you have said it isn't, it should not fail the vetting. I'm no expert but I do know that I sold Ella and she had a small splint and didn't fail the vetting.

Tia

Visit site
Well if you remember that vettings are not really a "pass" or "fail" kind of a thing. If the horse has a splint then yes it will be noted, however if the horse is definitely not lame then it won't be an issue.

kick_On

Visit site
it shouldn't, but it does depend on how high up leg and how big.
But if small and middle way down, i would say it would pass but it will noted and you'll get an exculsion on insurance

Tia

Visit site
Not necessarily. One of my horses had a splint but his leg was never excluded with my insurance company.

not_with_it

Visit site
I think it depends on the vet. My horse did fail for a splint even though she wasnt lame. Perhaps have a word with the vet beforehand and tell him that you are aware that its there but the horse has never had any problems with it.

Which horse are you buying? I must have missed something.

Tempi

Visit site
the horse definately isnt lame, the splint is at the top of the canon bone, just to the left of the knee, it really is minute but i just wondered in a 5 stage if this was an issue. ive heard about this eclusion business from insurance, as i know the vet will obviously note it down in the comments at the bottom - i dont want to not be able to insure him just because he has a splint - that wont happen will it???!!

im so nervous, hes being vetted at 2pm today..........and he really is my dream horse..............

Tempi

Visit site
hi hun - what do you mean by an excluson and who were you insured with? hes going to be with SEIB....as they do a good discount for two horses (as we're moving Bloss to them).

Tempi

Visit site
PS - noone has missed anything. i havent posted about horse im having vetted!!!! once hes past (please fingers crossed everyone) then i will fill you all in.........i think il cry if he fails
frown.gif

threeponies

Visit site
You will be able to insure him, you just won't be able to claim for any treatment for or related to the splint that is already there. Good luck with the vetting!

kick_On

Visit site
as said later on in posting the'll say something along lines of anything related to splint, but what i did was after 3months went back to vets and got it re-assessed and then it was dropped from exclusion. I'm sure your's will do that, but check as you do insure new gg. That's what i do get all minor exclusion removed asap.
finger crossed, it right one
grin.gif
grin.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
No it wont fail but it will be noted.

I brought my horse to BSJA, she has a splint and passed a 5 stage vetting with flying colours but it was noted on the certificate.

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am insured with NFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Far NFU have been great with me, Herbie had a £3.5k bone chip removal operation on his patella and they have not tried to exclude anything at renewal.