Put your hands up if you made it out of winter with NO MUD FEVER :D

Sophstar

Visit site
Last year my cob started to suffer with a touch of mud fever by February but thanks to the combination of sudocrem and vegetable oil I can say both my ponies made it through with not a scab or sore in sight:D

just goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune on 'mud fever' supplements:)

mturnbull

Visit site
Foalie got mud fever :( (this was our first winter together so now I know!)

BUT...

We are 10 weeks scab free, so I have one hand in the air?!

Dolcé

Visit site
Hand up x 14! The TBx looks like he might have been just starting to show signs but it has never materialised this year, odd because we have more mud this year than the last two but he did get it then. We are lucky that none of the others seem to be susceptible despite the fact that they are on very wet fields and there is deep mud in the usual places.

LynH

Visit site
No mud fever but two out of three have rain scald even though we haven't had much rain. One had it 11years ago but nothing until this year and the other was the first time that we know of. I've also heard of other first time cases of rain scald this year but without mud fever.

Rose Folly

Visit site
No mud fever here. Our horses live out 24/7, AND WE LEAVE THEIR LEGS ALONE!! No hosing down, no clipping, and minimal brushing so as to leave the natural oils in. They range from a TB through a M/W and a Welsh Section C to a Dartmoor. They have hard standing, and bedded down barns into which they can go at will, so their feet and lower legs do dry out, but that's it.

Elsbells

Visit site
Waveing!!:)

My girl has never had it in the 3 years that I've owned her. Clipped heels, micro linseed for skin conditon, lots of pig oil, deep straw beds and absolutely no hoseing.

OFG

Visit site
*hands up*

Not a single sign of it on any of my 3 (and one is a very pink skinned grey) :)

and our field is now a complete mess with little grass and a quagmire gateway. :(

tinap

Visit site
***waves hand*** me!!

Coblet has never had it but in October we moved from a yard that was always dry as a bone to one that was super muddy, so I was expecting it ......but no hehe!! :D

Jazzy B

Visit site
Waving here too!

Not hosing their legs is the answer to not getting it! Leave them alone! The one year my pony was on part livery the yard manager used to bring her in and hose her legs = mud fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexie81

Visit site
My hand is up!! After a really bad case of it in August last year I was dreading winter but he had made it through mudfever free!