Putting in water supply to fields from existing tap?

kit279

Visit site
Just moved into new house and yard and there is water connected to the stable block but currently it isn't connected to the fields. Would ideally like to lay some water pipes but would like to run along the fences above ground if possible - happy to do it myself but also happy to pay someone if I can find a contracter (North Oxfordshire/Bucks). Does anyone have any experience of this? I could lag the pipes althugh think it might be a fair bit of work. Any advice?

Pamfyson

Visit site
We made hose pipe water runs. Attach hose pipe to fences and put connectors on to each end. Then just connect your yard hose to the end on the fence and turn on the water. When you are finished just disconnect and allow any water to drain out of the hose(no need to lag it then) Make sure you allow the hose to have a small fall on it to help it to drain excess water. Cheap and simple. We attached the hose with cable ties. all stuff available at B&Q (other diy outlets are available) for a fraction of the cost of JCB hire etc.

Polos Mum

Visit site
I too fill water troughs in 5 fields and 2 pig pens with hosepipes - a spiders web of bits of pipe and connectors over 12 acres but all I have to do is plug one end in, inside the barn and leave it on for an hour while I'm riding. - probably under £100 all in, couldn't afford digging and I like to move troughs around so the ground around them doesn't get poached.

Even lying on the ground they rarely freeze all day