QHP nostrils grazing muzzle

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I have exactly the same one but bought from Kramer. They are really nice and airy and I like the rectangular hole plus the bucket doesn’t make his nose sweat but I did put a piece of fleece around it.

Marnie

Visit site
Thanks everyone - I hadn't seen these before and I liked the cut outs. I hadn't thought of customising my Shires ones!

HappyHollyDays

Visit site
I have the same concern Marnie. The flexible filly just is a piece of plastic and for what it is a very expensive piece of plastic. I couldn’t justify one at £80. I do like the blue Zephyr muzzle with the Velcro but the one I have already has the Velcro breakaway straps on the headcollar anyway so it makes the Zephyr quite expensive as well. I suppose with muzzles it is what works best for your particular horse in terms of comfort, safety and inability to jettison it as soon as you turn them out.

Marnie

Visit site
I have the same concern Marnie. The flexible filly just is a piece of plastic and for what it is a very expensive piece of plastic. I couldn’t justify one at £80. I do like the blue Zephyr muzzle with the Velcro but the one I have already has the Velcro breakaway straps on the headcollar anyway so it makes the Zephyr quite expensive as well. I suppose with muzzles it is what works best for your particular horse in terms of comfort, safety and inability to jettison it as soon as you turn them out.

I'm using the Green Guard at the moment but am not particularly happy with the fit and they also seem quite heavy. I've also got the Shires but they seem so closed in and my little pony managed to get hers off and I can't risk her doing that too many times! I'll keep thinking!

HappyHollyDays

Visit site
I really didn't like the Greenguard as it rubbed his chin raw. I swapped to Dinky muzzles which are all material but I was going through two a summer as he would eat a big hole in the bottom to get more grass hence why I got the Kramer one last year. Our mini wears a Dinky though and she never takes it off, but I got her a medium so it wasn’t as tightly fitted around her face as the small seemed to squash her nostrils.

Casey76

Visit site
Thanks everyone - I hadn't seen these before and I liked the cut outs. I hadn't thought of customising my Shires ones!

oh, I’m always cutting extra holes and removing straps from muzzles. T gets really anxious if her nostrils are covered, so muzzle modification is nearly always required.

I normally use the Tough-1 Easy Breather, but they are a bit more expensive compared to the Zypher. And I usually always take off the narrow strap above the nostril holes, just leaving the wide noseband

Marnie

Visit site
I really didn't like the Greenguard as it rubbed his chin raw. I swapped to Dinky muzzles which are all material but I was going through two a summer as he would eat a big hole in the bottom to get more grass hence why I got the Kramer one last year. Our mini wears a Dinky though and she never takes it off, but I got her a medium so it wasn’t as tightly fitted around her face as the small seemed to squash her nostrils.

I'm really not keen on the Green Guard either, it hasn't rubbed yet but I think may well do if I use it for too long. I'm going to look at my Shires ones to see if I can adapt them a bit.