Q's about my livery yard!!!

bellaboo

Visit site
Bit concerned but in the last few days we have had some work going on at our yard. Basically when the school was put in there was alot of earth removed and just piled up at the side of the field. YO now has decided that the sloping field at the yard is to have the top layer of soil scraped back then the earth that was removed for the school is to be dumped underneath and then top layer put back over, reseeded it etc and everything will be fine. Thing concerning me is that she wanted to get rid of our very large muck heap so has decided to burry this aswell. What do you think about that? I think we have just wasted our time picking up the poo etc from the field as it is just being dumped back in there, perhaps i'm just get wound up over nothing and people see this as ok?
Also the YO has decided rather than have summer and winter grazing fields we would rotate the fields on a regular basis as she didn't want any fields getting horse sick, my only concern is that they are moving about every 3 weeks at the moment and are now in the last 'grassy' field everything else is grazed down and whilst the grass is growing it's fine but what happens when the grass stops, will we have any grazing for the winter? We have 8 horses at our yard and 6 fields, 3 of the fields are abit small for 4 horses grazing at one time the other 3 are an ok size for 4 , ( they are split 4 mares and 4 geldings so using two fields at once ) Does anybody else rotate there fields this regularly and how does the ground and horses cope?

ajn1610

Visit site
I'm not sure but I would have thought that burying the muck would be OK as eggs are normally re ingested from the surface on the grass. As the muck has been on a heap if it is well stacked the heat from decomposition should kill everything off anyway. If you are worried perhaps you could ring one of the worm count or nutritional companies for advice.