Quad bike suggestions please!!

HKJ

Visit site
Hi all,

I am starting to look at quad bikes for levelling the sand school - but I'm finding that it's not as simple as it looks!!

Which type / size / engine power what you guys suggest or use?

Thanks!

sammylou93

Visit site
Honda 350 or Honda 450. The 350 will be cheaper to buy and it's a little smaller. We could use it to pull the harrows but not the roller. If budget allows then go for the 450 as it's more powerful and makes towing things like trailers/ paddock cleaners and arena levellers much easier.

Honda's seem to be better built than other models and ours have lasted years without a hitch.

L&M

Visit site
Another vote for Honda.

I have a Honda fourtrax 450 - fab machine and couldn't be without it. Use it level manege, harrow and roll, carrying haylage and other heavy jobs. I have had it for 6 yrs and never had a problem, although do get it regularily serviced.

Just be very careful re security.

StarcatcherWilliam

Visit site
My lovely BF bought me a secondhand Honda 450 for Christmas. Don't know how I ever managed without it! It is a 2004 model, so oldish, but very reliable and goes anywhere!

TheEngineer

Visit site
Another Honda vote. I used to be a Motorcycle Mechanic and rate the Honda quads and generators as some of the best. There are plenty of cheap Chinese "copies" about, but go for the real thing and you won't go wrong.