Quad bikes for poo picking paddocks

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Does anyone use a quad with a little trailer on the back to poo pick on a daily basis. Any makes/models you can suggest please and anything I need to know?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Indeed it is and it does...but when youre no longer a spring chicken and have to push it back over a couple of fields to the muck heap and the terrain is no bowling green, it may be a necessity rather than a luxury before long!
I never fill more than 3/4 full and pull the barrow back down to yard.
TFF, def not a spring chicken! ?

Ratface

Visit site
I have an elderly Kowasaki and it is great for the job. The one drawback is having a donkey that does like to remove the key and run off with it. The key is on a long yellow strap so that I can find it again.
????

tda

Visit site
Yes I do, use it for everything (I can't walk very far) Suzuki kingquad with a Kelfri tipping trailer.
Agree on the stealability, ours is kept in our integral garage

EventingMum

Visit site
We use Suzuki Eigers and a Honda Fourtrax 420. The Suzukis are quite old now but have served us well, the Honda is much newer and automatic transmission so tends to be the favourite. Both pull an Ifor Williams trailer and a Paddock Blade for poo picking and do other jobs such as arena harrowing, towing a water bowser etc. They are very useful!

honetpot

Visit site
John Deere gator with tipping flat bed…fabulous for poo picking.
I know I must have been on death's door when I was in hospital, and my husband bought me a cheap second hand one off of Facebook. True love. No cab, but I use it for so may things, including poo picking. I also drive it into the shed to do a big muck out. The Polaris is supposed to be better, but mine has a plastic body so if I hit the gate it just bends a bit and bounces off.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
My friend had one for a few years but it only came out when the ground was bone dry or it just collected more mud than poo. He fields were very flat that she used it on, if there's any unevenness it just fills the ruts with poo. Then the quad got stolen so she sold the picker.

sunleychops

Visit site
We used to have a little honda ride on mower with the blades taken off to tow a poo trailer, cost a fraction of a quad bike!

Now use a Kubota compact tractor which again still probably cheaper than a quad and a lot more practical as has both ball hitch, 3 point hitch and pto

Leandy

Visit site
No idea on a practical level but just to point out that quads are very often stolen so unless you have somewhere very secure to keep it you may not have it long.

This was my instant thought also. If this is all you want it for it is an expensive way to poo pick. They aren't cheap and are stolen so frequently by not nice people that personally I would find another less desirable vehicle.

lamlyn2012

Visit site
Our quad "died" recently and struggled to find a replacement within budget. Ended up with an oldish Freelander for a fraction of the cost and have found it far more versatile and comfortable than a quad. Pulls a small trailer for wheelbarrows and larger items.
Best thing we ever bought and would never buy a other quad.
We do have a little tractor for field work as well.

silv

Visit site
I have an elderly suzuki goes great pulls a huge trailer, also handy for carting stuff round on the tray, raking my arena, pulling harrows etc. runs on the smell of an oily rag too!

silv

Visit site
A wheel barrow is more environmentally friendly …. Saves on fuel,emmisions and gym membership….

I don't have the time or inclination to push a wheelbarrow over 5 acres nor can it pull a trailer with bales of hay when I bring my hay in, pull harrows round my arena and paddocks or cart heavy sacks of feed about.

I have an elderly suzuki goes great pulls a huge trailer, runs on the smell of an oily rag too!

winnie

Visit site
There is no way I could manage without my quad - Suzuki KingQuad. My days of pushing wheelbarrows up hills are long gone. The quad and trailer have a multitude of uses in addition to poo picking. Security is a big must though and most insurers won't consider it without. We had our ancient Honda stolen last year. We now have state of the art security cameras, heavy chains and locks etc etc. A pain to undo everything every day but sadly a sign of our times.

meleeka

Visit site
I use a ride on mower without the cutting gear and a trailer. It’s obviously no good in the mud, but then I don’t need it to be. The trailer is plastic and much bigger than a wheelbarrow so less trips to the dung heap.

scruffyponies

Visit site
If you really want a small motorised 4x4 just for field use, I would look out for a Panda 4x4 MOT fail (with a tow bar).
There are plenty around, and for a couple of £'00 you'll have an economical quad with a heater and a roof!