Quality bridle

kaisius

Visit site
Hi! I'm looking for a good quality bridle. My current one is genuine leather and is scratching my horse's face so much that his fur has gone off in some places. What I want is just a simple cavesson or a removable flash with grained leather.

I have looked at some bridles, but I wanted to know what brands people recommend. The bridles I've looked at so far have been CWD( although I find their crown pice a bit bulky to go on my 163 cob sized warmblood), Antares, Butet, Silver Crown and Bruno. I have a dyon working bridle that I don't use( mostly cause I find the hook attachment flimsy and it's making the bit really unstable) But with that said I am not happy with the quality.

Any tips??

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have Silver Crown and also Sabre Cordobra. The first for dressage, the second for jumping. Both top quality leather.

The Silver Crown is a lot lighter weight, and slim behind the ears. Both mono crown. Neither needs much attention, never get hard and horrid.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
My criteria is that it must be made with leather from an English tannery. I have a couple of bridles made with Sedgewick leather. They're beautiful.

Skib

sites.google.com
I rode for years with a Sabre bridle and swore that if I ever got a horse of my own that was what I would buy. The tack at that yard was cleaned with saddle soap every time it was used. It could be that that makes a difference.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My Sabre bridles look the best out of all of the ones I've had, they aren't swanky or fashionable but they are great quality and I agree with Red I don't exactly lavish mine with care o_O yet they clean up well when I get round to it :p

Maryann

Visit site
Collegiate - I have an ancient one and a year old one I bought because I liked the ancient one.

ecb89

Visit site
I’ve got a rhinegold bridle. It’s really good quality and people often comment how nice it is. C45294F2-9AA7-419A-B259-3D5C0AA70447.jpeg

AFB

Visit site
Henry James are lovely.

If you're looking at those brands I assume your budget is £££, in which case I'd add PSOS & possibly Fairfax into the mix.