Quality yard recommendations, Telford and surrounding areas.

joelb

Visit site
Any recommendations for staffed yards local to Telford please, within 15 minutes of Shifnal would be ideal so would consider Bridgnorth, Much Wenlock, Wellington, Newport etc?

Prefer full or 5 day livery but the minimum I need is reliable assisted turn out and catch in daily, including weekends, to manage a horse with severe separation anxiety. Only other requirement is access to off road hacking and would prefer individual turn out. Very sensible none neurotic owner, been happily settled for 8 years but yard are ceasing services which puts my horse at risk so looking for long term re-location. Happy to pay for quality services, not looking for slap-dash.

yhanni

Visit site
Hi, I have just moved my horse from Whittimere Stables in Bobbington (just too far from Ironbridge where I live) and I can highly recommend it. Has everything you have asked for and I just wish I had found a house close enough to keep him there! I have moved my boy to DIY with the option of assisted but I think Whittimere would be more suitable for you. Very knowledgeable and understanding YO too.

jnb

Visit site
I can recommend Lightwoods Equestrian - Goldstone nr Hinstock
Probably is 15min from shifnal but do able.
Small friendly yard with dedicated manager - not the prettiest yard but lots of grazing, big stables & new floodlit ménage sand/fibre
Owners of yard have permission to hack on fields headlands on their land too

https://www.facebook.com/LightwoodsEquestrian/

Last edited:

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Rowton Stables in Rowton, near Ellerdine. I kept my horse there (sold horse otherwise I'd still be there). They have a FN page if you search for the yard name. It's primarily a full livery yard and I've never known such a conscientious YO or seen such well looked after and content horses.

spacefaer

Visit site
There's a new yard opening in October near Much Wenlock - does 5/7 day livery which includes hay/straw. XC course, arena and 180 acres.
Beacondale Livery - it's on fb.

Rowton Stables is great - Nicky is lovely. Not a huge acreage though, if turnout is important to you.

Maggie.kilvert

New User
Visit site
I can recommend Lightwoods Equestrian - Goldstone nr Hinstock
Probably is 15min from shifnal but do able.
Small friendly yard with dedicated manager - not the prettiest yard but lots of grazing, big stables & new floodlit ménage sand/fibre
Owners of yard have permission to hack on fields headlands on their land too

https://www.facebook.com/LightwoodsEquestrian/
Hi is this still open? Looking for a friend who needs livery

jnb

Visit site
Unfortunately not however the farm does DIY livery I believe *Lightwoods Farm Goldstone