Queenholme eventers - info needed

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
A friend of mine is thinking of going to view a horse Mark Kyle has for sale at Queenholme. Has anyone had any dealings with them or any useful info? - it's out of our local area so some good (or not so good!) word of mouth would be very helpful. PM me if prefered.

TableDancer

Visit site
They're pretty good and straightforward folk. Mark is a good jockey and starts them well, however they tend to come in very very green from Ireland (excuse the pun
tongue.gif
) so if the horse hasn't been there long expect it to be a bit poor and completely uneducated! I once tried one fresh off the boat and Mark had done a good job of making it look presentable - I got on and couldn't ride one side of it
blush.gif
Obviously once they've been there a bit longer they get more educated - but more expensive too
wink.gif

Halfstep

Visit site
I know someone they buy from in Ireland and can vouch for them being decent people and the horses are good, if green. Horses tend to have excellent conformation, good bloodlines and have been backed, but not much more. He's a super rider and knows how to produce a young horse. Recommended!

Bubblegum

Visit site
I bought a super 4 year old from them a few years ago when they were based near Cambridge.
I completely agree with all of the above.
My horse was only just backed, but started nicely. So I think you are paying for their extremely good eye for sourcing a promising youngster.
I still have my lovely boy, and I kept in touch with them for a considerable amount of time. I found them to be very helpful, honest and trustworthy.
I have personally never heard a bad report about them and know of a couple of other people who bought from them too.
grin.gif

KatB

Visit site
They are really local to us now. I wouldnt hesitate to go there, he seems to have a good eye for a horse, and is fantastic around the horses at competitions etc. Know a couple of horses locally that have cme from him, and all have been exactly as described
smile.gif

sw123

Visit site
I bought one and sold one through them and have been very pleased with both. The one we bought turned out not to quite what we wanted and they took him back and sold him on for us no problem with minimal livery charge and found us another.

Friend bought one from them last year and whilst not a world beater they're absolutely over the moon with him