Query regarding a banning order as a result of cruelty

EarthSummit

New User
Visit site
On Tuesday at Tattersalls sale in Ireland, a woman and her boyfriend sold two horses from her yard, without the assistance of a groom or other person. Therfore they were both in breach of their respective banning orders. I wondered, as an observer, whether the RSPCA has representatives at the sales in Ireland and whether British law covers these sales? Obviously in driving the horses there they were also in breach of their orders but I suppose it's more difficult to catch someone in a horse lorry
wink.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I think you'd have to take this up with the authorities whether that be police, the courts or the RSPCA, however as the act has been done it woill be very hard to have hard evidence to prove the fact. If there are other animals at their yard, that might be enforcable though.
We have someone near us with the same banning procedure againgst them. It does not stop them from still having all types of animals, stud dogs included, and blatantly selling them on the open market because they are in her partner's name, even though SHE is banned from having animals at all. She has also been passed as a passport issueing officer which has to be taking the PPPPPPPPPPP.

Good luck, I hope you are at least able to draw the authorities attention to this, it should not be allowed to happen.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
English Law is only enforcible in England, Wales & N Ireland (Scotland have their own legal system), Eire is a totally separate country & has its own laws. Evidence of the couple selling animals there can be used in an English court but only if the evidence is legally gathered (i.e. through official channels)

The only way action could be taken against this couple would be if offences were committed on British Soil on their way to or on returning from Ireland.
smile.gif

foraday

Visit site
You needed to have brought this to the attention of Tattersalls Ireland straight away.

The rspca would not be at this sales as a rule.

EarthSummit

New User
Visit site
Tattersalls Ireland has been made aware of the status of the horse owner and the Stud's name. The horses themselves, despite their bloodlines, sold for very low prices, and I therefore believe buyers were more informed.

Thank you for the feedback. It is a pity that there is not more international restriction applied as a result of a banning order.