Quest competition report

oldie48

Visit site
Rose and I did Nov30 for the Myquest comp today, as we were the only entry all we had to do to win and get our 10 points was get through the test. Great entry got an 8, this is going to go well I thought! Ha, Rose suddenly spooked at goodness knows what and we went careering across the arena. Long story short, car crash of a test but we got through with marks lost for error of course and lots of mistakes caused by tension and miscommunication. Felt a bit like sitting on an out of control sewing machine! Still 1st though with just over 56%
The team test Novice 27 but much better though and we got 68.57%, she changed in canter on one of the diagonals which was expensive so we missed top spot by a fraction of a %, however our team came 1st overall and I was not the discard score, so pleased with that.
It was a good learning curve today, the venue was busy with lots to look at, still not sure what spooked her but I'm told there was a horse bucking in the warm up which she would have seen but hey, I need to learn to manage the situation better and cope with things going wrong in a more proactive way but all in all, not a bad day out. I felt the judging was slightly generous but not as much as the AF comp I did the previous week.

oldie48

Visit site
I am hopeless at reading stuff but I've now reread the rules for scoring. I didn't score any points in myQ because it's based on % only with a minimum of 60% so I could have bowed out and not had the score on my record! Oh well the team got 10 points, s a very good start to the competition season.

Sprat

Visit site
Well done! A shame about the first test but it sounds like you both pulled it out of the bag for the 2nd 😊 I did my first quest comp today and thoroughly enjoyed it

oldie48

Visit site
Well done! A shame about the first test but it sounds like you both pulled it out of the bag for the 2nd 😊 I did my first quest comp today and thoroughly enjoyed it
Where did you do yours and what were the entries like. I was at Allens Hill there were 3 senior teams and 1 junior team and the my quest entries were also quite low, biggest entries were for prelim. How did you do, were you in a team?

Sprat

Visit site
Where did you do yours and what were the entries like. I was at Allens Hill there were 3 senior teams and 1 junior team and the my quest entries were also quite low, biggest entries were for prelim. How did you do, were you in a team?

I was at swallowfield. Very low entries, only 5 in my class (prelim), there were only 2 juniors I could see the time I was there, the rest all seniors.

We did well thank you, considering we haven’t been out since late October. Came 2nd with 66.15%, I rode quite defensively as we had some issues in the warm up so I just let her carry me round really and the scores reflected that. However, I know what I need to work on for the next time out so fingers crossed for an improvement then.

Will you do more quest Oldie?

*edit to say, I did individual, haven’t sent off team forms yet

oldie48

Visit site
Yes, definitely. the discipline of getting out on a regular basis and being part of a team appeals to me. I was wet and cold today so I'm hoping as the weather gets better and Rose gets stronger and we become more of a partnership that I'll enjoy it more.
That's a good score so you'll pick up points, I got totally confused with how it's scored but I never read anything properly! Keep going with it, if you are getting scores like that when you haven't been out, you are bound to improve.

Sprat

Visit site
Yes I was also soaking and freezing today (despite thermals underneath my whites!) so I’m hoping the weather picks up soon.

I really like the concept of quest. I’ve never felt good enough to go whole hog BD so it’s a nice way to dip a toe in.

Are you aiming for the quest champs?

Bernster

Visit site
It’s the team element that got me to sign up too. Could have done it on my own ages ago but never appealed.

Sounds like you did good on the 2nd one and helped the team, which is great. Good experience.

I’d rather not have a blotted copy book seeing as how the scores are recorded, but I suppose I gotta start somewhere! The flip side is I will feel extra pressure to help the team, and pressure in a dressage test often equals tension. Let’s hope we can both keep it together when we have a go in a couple of weeks!