Question about Leather boots and Beagler Hats

jules89

Visit site
I am a 5"10/11 female and in desperate need of new leather riding boots. I like the style with the laces at the front, and am quite fond of the Ariat Bromont Tall H20 boots. Anyone had them and know what they are like?
Fittings, looks etc

Also,

I have seen manier riders ride dressage with the hats with no straps. I really like them, and need a new dressage hat and wondered 1) whether you get pulled up for them and 2) where can I get one? does it matter what make etc? I like them also for prize givings as my hat straps get in the way!
smile.gif

I did have another question but forgotten!
laugh.gif

Cheers

ETS also at 18 can I do dressage in gaiters and short boots? Long boots really have given up the ghost and competing on Friday!

Joss

Visit site
What about www.bestboots.co.uk for boots with laces. I strongly recommend.

You are allowed to do dressage with hats with no harness (but not at Riding Club or Pony Club) various people sell them e.g Charles Owen Beagler classic. If you are feeling ££££ THE beagler hat to get is a Patey.

You can (I think, dont quote me) do dressage with gaiters so long as they match the boot & are leather not suede. But look that one up.
x

jules89

Visit site
thanks, J, looks like a wicked site, but maybe a bit expensive, didn't want to venture into the £200 range, and the Ariats are about £180 ish
smile.gif

Will look that rule up now. Thanks
smile.gif

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have the Ariat Bromonts (had them a year now) and compete in them - would highly recommend. I seem to have 'Ariat shaped' feet as they were instantly comfortable. I tried on the Mountain Horse long boots with laces before I bought mine and they were nowhere near as comfy.
I have the insulated ones but have ridden in them all summer - my feet haven't cooked but it hasn't exactly been warm, has it?!

My only reservation about the Bromonts is that the suede inner panel squeaks when I'm using my dressage saddle, although with wear the suede has gone a bit shiny and seems less squeaky. Nice and grippy though! I also prefer boots that you can polish to a good shine, and the Bromonts don't shine but I've got used to that now.

seche

Visit site
Ive ridden in long boots and a beagler since I was 16. so for 6 yrs now!
I have Regents for jumping, Sarms for dressage and Rectiligne for Household Cav (3x boots = a lot of polishing!)
I too am also tall 5/9 or 10!
I dont have a Charles Owen or a Patey (though would adore one) instead I have my Mum's old beagler which is very classic shaped and abit diff to the normal faded shabby chique ones you see about! Horker do cheapo beaglers and for eventing they dont look too bad - a friend has one.

jules89

Visit site
they have a suede inner panel!? I think I will have to try them on etc before I buy, but they seem to be my favourites atm!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
cant help on boots - I'm not a laces person!

however, yes you can wear gaiters and short boots so long as they are plain leather.

beaglers are allowed for BD and the dressage phase of BE. I think they look really smart too. I found one on ebay for not too much ££ which is actually an old christys one which has been well looked after. Pateys look nicest but cost a lot, the charles owen ones are pretty standard - smart and lots of people have them. They come up on ebay occasionally for considerably less than the new price.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yes, if you've seen the Ariat classic chaps it's fairly similar, but without the diamond stitching. You can't see the suede when you're on the horse but it did seem a bit odd when I first bought them. They also have a little stretch leather panel at the back, which you can see but don't really notice.

I've seen quite a few people competing in them, esp at dressage, and they always look smart (but then I would say that cos I like them!)

TableDancer

Visit site
I compete in an ancient Charles Owen beagler which is fine although rather grey now
tongue.gif
Would love a Patey but not in that league... Just be careful if you do any RC/PC stuff as they would not allow you to do dressage in a beagler.

Jemayni

Visit site
Cant really help on the ariats. But there are 3 main beagler makes: Patey (extortionatly expensive, but absolutly beautiful;) Horka ( V.cheap (mine was £30,) look smart & do the job;) Charles owen (half-way house between the two!)

Weezy

Visit site
I am your height Jules and I have the Bromonts (insulated ones) and they are blooming brilliant boots. I wear mine day in, day out and they are just sooooo comfortable. I have wildly expensive Broginis too, but I never wear them, I stick with my Bromonts. Perfect height too and mine are standard length, so I feel sorry for shorties as they would be too tall IMO.

My beagler is a Patey - expensive, but made to measure, and green, I love it!

IMG_1409.jpg

seche

Visit site
Weezy that is quite gorgeous!! - have you green jacket etc - that must look SO smart! and might I add great with your hair too!

jules89

Visit site
hehe love the pic, Weezy! Don't think I would be able to afford the Patey hat!!

Just bought the Ariats, and not only are they beautiful and comfortable, but they smell nice! Haha!
smile.gif

next mission is to find one of these cheap beagler hats!