Question for ROG please

sarahann1

Visit site
Am I correct in saying if the GVW of my car is 2505kg the maximum weight of the trailer could only be 995kg if I wanted to tow on a B licence passed in 1999? I'd convinced myself the GVW weight was only 2080kg, but my car is an EU4, whatever the hell that means!

I think that's right, in which case my grand plan of towing a single without a B+E is scunnered :( gutted, I need transport asap and the tests round my way are well and truly booked up until Oct.

Poosticks....

ROG

Visit site
Am I correct in saying if the GVW of my car is 2505kg the maximum weight of the trailer could only be 995kg if I wanted to tow on a B licence passed in 1999? I'd convinced myself the GVW weight was only 2080kg, but my car is an EU4, whatever the hell that means!

I think that's right, in which case my grand plan of towing a single without a B+E is scunnered :( gutted, I need transport asap and the tests round my way are well and truly booked up until Oct.

Poosticks....

You are correct if it is 2505 but to be certain what does the top figure of the four listed on the weight plate state ? - it is usually hidden under the bonnet or in a door frame ...... alternatively it is the MAXIMUM PERMITTED MASS figure on the V5 keepers doc

Alternative is to get your 100 year old granddad who has a B+E licence to sit next to you under L rules

sarahann1

Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly 2505kg is definitely the top weight on the plate.

I'll dig out my V5 tonight and see what it says. I don't know anyone with a B+E I could ask to sit next to me, my dad is brilliant at towing and explaining stuff, but has grandfather rights, these new rules are pants!

ROG

Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly 2505kg is definitely the top weight on the plate.

I'll dig out my V5 tonight and see what it says. I don't know anyone with a B+E I could ask to sit next to me, my dad is brilliant at towing and explaining stuff, but has grandfather rights, these new rules are pants!

Pre 1997 B+E holders ARE LEGALLY allowed to supervise a B+E learner - the newish April 2010 rules only affected pre 1997 holders in respect of any C or D categories not B categories

See post number 2000 of the HHO TOWING CLINIC = LINK BELOW IN MY SIGNATURE