Question From My Horse and Carriage Test

How much would you be prepared to spend on wedding gifts if you were attending?

• Total voters

Skhosu

Visit site
hoping its not 'continue and check it later'. C'mon, who put it?
I put don't move, but suspect it may be one of the middle two.
Did you pass?

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
I put 'Continue Driving and Check it Later'

.... Hell, you don't want to miss your test, do you!
cool.gif

TGM

Visit site
Definitely continue driving - probably wouldn't even bother checking it later - just chuck it out in the field afterwards and see how it goes. If it is still standing in the morning then great - otherwise time for horse-burgers on the barbie
tongue.gif
wink.gif

GTs

Visit site
The correct answer according to the book is 'DO NOT MOVE' however I am not going to stand in the middle of 5 lanes of city traffic with all sorts of cars, ambulances, vans etc going at 45 mph while I an hour plus for the vet to drive in from the country to kill my horse.

Horse with a broken leg are fine to walk small distance, Barbaro did to get on his trailer, and then again to get off at UPenn. Horses at the hospital would go from the exam room to x-rays to their stall, to he induction room - yes they have a splint, but they are trying to be saved.

Just the level of stupidity to suggest not moving a horse that could injure a car full of people is just retarded!!

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Makes you wonder what was happening for the horse to suddenly break it's leg, after all as a rule they don't tend to just happen!
confused.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well incase my carriage finds it's way as the favorite in the Preakness next year............

GTs

Visit site
So for all of you who put 'do not move' - you would stand in the middle of the road with a horse with a broken leg on a busy city street similar to the ones that run past Hyde Park or similar??

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So for all of you who put 'do not move' - you would stand in the middle of the road with a horse with a broken leg on a busy city street similar to the ones that run past Hyde Park or similar??

[/ QUOTE ]

People do it in cars, I was driving round the interstate in washington last week and someone was just 'parked in the middle lane of a 4 lane highway just as you got to the Wilson Memorial Bridge - he only had a little dent as well.

Fairynuff

Visit site
I would stay put. Dont you have to carry warning triangles like cars do? A driving horse would be used to traffic and with a broken limb to think about I doubt if he would bother about whats going on around him. His break could be treatable but moving him could worsen the outcome. Id call the police and pray while waiting. M.

GTs

Visit site
Cart horses cost about $1,000 - $2,000 so they are much cheaper to replace then treat a broken leg - unfortunately for them it is not a viable option.

Even though they are used to traffic, with a broken leg they are in pain and scared so I do not think you can trust even the most predictable horse. But the real reason is your chance of being hit by some motorist in a hurry. I can probably get my horse to the side of the road in a handle of steps, and make it safer for everyone - the reality is I am sure every horse with a broken leg is walked a distance 10-15 meters is probably on the lower end of that.

GTs

Visit site
Unfortunately the most likely cause for a broken leg in what we do would be an accident with a vehicle, which would almost certainly render me useless, waiting for an ambulance to take me to the hospital.