question: mobile shelters/stables...?

abracadabra

Visit site
what experiences have hho'ers had with local councils?

i know theyre not supposed to need planning permission etc, and theres been a test case with a guy over his which he won so setting legal precedence...but we all know how some bureaucrats can be...

so, any problems, no problems?

Bens_Mum

Visit site
We just put our mobile stables up after calling the council and not being able to get a straight answer! They came flying down to look at them after one of our charming neighbour's complained but said they were fine as they were on skids. There was something muttered about planning being needed if they were staying and we just said that at some point we would apply for permission for permanent ones (no intention!) and they haven't said anything about it since.

We have had nightmares with the council over many other planning problems and complaints so we were quite suprised that there was so little fuss! Good luck with yours!

abracadabra

Visit site
@we just said that at some point we would apply for permission for permanent ones (no intention!) and they haven't said anything about it since.@

thats what i thought about planning p. if i need it i may as well put in to get the full works
smile.gif

have yours worked out ok for you bens-mum?

Bens_Mum

Visit site
Yes they have! Tbh the only thing I don't like about them is the condensation was horrendous over winter but I think that is more to do with the design of the actual stables. We have put them on a concrete pad so really they are about as 'permanent' as they can be!! The skids have never moved and they don't look anything out of the norm.
They are more expensive than standard stables but the second hand market for them is very good. I think we would only replace them with brick/ stone ones if at all and it seems that there is a good market for them 2nd hand if we decide to do that PP permitting!!
I do quite like the idea of being able to move them into the paddock as shelter in the summer but we have never got round do actually doing it so what they are like to maneuver I wouldn't like to say!

Michelle73

Visit site
Nope. No problems... So far!!! Mine is 10' by 18' no base to sit on and I do intend to move mine - one area of field for summer months and somewhere different in the winter months. I can highly recommend National they gave me a fantastic deal on mine. PM me for more details if required.