Question on horse box electrical systems.

commando

New User
Visit site
Hi all,
A bit of advice sort please,
We currently have a Amperor Power Guardian system taking care of the electrical system in our horse box, The system runs all power from 240v external and the 12V leisure battery through the unit, which then controls all the 12v systems,(lights-internal spots,horse white-horse red water pump,space heater etc) and the 240v system (fridge,microwave.sockets etc) The unit is playing up and we think has never worked right since we bought it, however what i want to know is does anyone know of a simple replacement unit that does the same job or will i have to retrofit separate consumer units, split chargers etc?
The company that made the Power Guardian are no longer in the UK and the unit is obsolete,
any info appreciated.

Lee.

etTNjw

Goldenstar

Visit site
You need to find someone local who is an auto electrical and works on camper vans and horse boxes and hand it over to them to sort .
It can be a nightmare

Mike007

Visit site
You need to find someone local who is an auto electrical and works on camper vans and horse boxes and hand it over to them to sort .
It can be a nightmare
As above. It never ceases to amaze me how bad most horse box electrical systems are .Even those from supposed profesional horsebox builders.

commando

New User
Visit site
I would be tempted to find out which unit the reputable manufacturers of horseboxes use within the vehicles they build and get one of them fitted.

Many thanks for the helpful idea, i have been looking through the websites of horsebox suppliers but nothing jumps out, ill need to email them independantly and see whats out there,
cheers again
Lee.