question re county level showing grooms - help me dress my OH !!

whiteflower

Visit site
For the first time this year ive decided to bite the bullet and enter my boy in some county level showing classes.

For this im aware i need a groom to come in to assist with tack etc when judge rides, confirmation etc.

My previously non horsey other half, bless him, has decided this should be his task as he has been around since my boy was a bub and he sees this as him graduating !!!

question is what the hell do i dress him in ? - Im used to seeing female grooms but not male, breeches are most certainly not his thing ;-) so can anyone give me a head to toe shopping list as its like having an excited little child who wants there first party dress and i need to get shopping to keep him quiet !!!

Many thanks in advance !!!

Lilyhead

Visit site
My dad used to be my 'in the ring' groom - he used to wear smart trousers/dark chinos, and a shirt (quite casual really) plus a hat....this varied from his manky old wax when it was pouring to a nice smart bushman style hat (he never had any shame in the manky wax one!!). If it was chilly, he'd just wear a coat - I've found at the county shows they aren't too strict!

Remember to have a spare set of larger irons and leathers in your grooming kit if you have skinny feet!

DollyDolls

Visit site
Mine wears a smart pair of brown moleskin type trousers, shirt & a leather bush hat. He refused to carry a wicker (sp) basket, so I got a wooden trug instead.
It's great as he does the best leg ups even though he tries to make me laugh as he's throwing me in the air.