Question re vaccinations

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
Fella is due his vaccinations on or before the 1st of June. He was done with Equip FP which is flu+tet. Will get both redone this year (think vet is coming on the 20th) However, no vaccination record is on his passport. There is a cover note for last years vaccinations saying that the passport wasn't present so they did a cover note and signed a vaccination card (which I don't have). However, it then gets wierd. It says the vaccination card has missed out the previous years vaccines, but it is stated on the passport - which it isn't. As he has no record of his vaccinations up until last year (Owner told me he was done regually and I believe her - she is lovely and he was her baby) would I have to restart his flu jabs if I wanted to enter competitions given the strict rules about it?

emmac70

Visit site
Yes, i had to restart my mare's vaccinations last year as there was an issue with the previous dates being out by a couple of days. She's 19 and has a full record going back to her baby days but we still got eliminated and told that they needed to be absolutely correct

bushbaby28

Visit site
the vet will probably want to restart as no clear documented evidence that they have had all the necassary jabs. Just better to be safe than sorry. Annoying though as you end up with the additional cost

ischa

Visit site
I would try and find out previous vets and see if they have any details for the menshoned horse and any vacc he may of had
If they have then you may be able to sent passport to the vets to get them to add the vacc he had .
If they havnt then you will need to start a new vacc program