questions for those with 3.5 horseboxes (box type)

minimex2

Visit site
after a long journey am back to where i started and getting a 3.5 box type horsebox.

probably over thinking but.......

does the paint scratch where you have haynet tied up outside.
and do you have scratches on the ramp. (hoping will be parking on soft ground but just incase we were on a stoney parking area.

i know i should have colour of my choice but want to minimize the scuff/scratched looks.

thanks

Fides

Visit site
Yes to all of the above. Unless you just leave it parked and look at it rather than using it ;)

tiga71

Visit site
It will also get the sides scratched when you go down narrow lanes. Not something I worry about. It's a horse box, not a Porsche. When you get the first scratch you will be a bit cross. The next ones you won't care about.

Fides

Visit site
It will also get the sides scratched when you go down narrow lanes. Not something I worry about. It's a horse box, not a Porsche. When you get the first scratch you will be a bit cross. The next ones you won't care about.

The dreaded trees!

And then there's the time when you leave the step down and trash it that way - or is that just me?

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Never tie horse to outside of ours.
We have a length of carpet to put under ramp if on stony ground.
Box is painted in 2 pack paint with a deep coat of clear lacquer on top. This allows scratches to be polished out easily and also provides a very scratch resisitant surface.

montanna

Visit site
Mine has rubber pads on the ramp to stop it touching the floor.

Yes the outside gets scratched from haynets if you tie them there! A friend's horse actually pawed my bumper and bit the back door which I was really upset about so I don't travel other peoples horses anymore. It's annoying when your horse does it, when someone else's does it, it's infuriating!!!!

Mine is in steel grey so scratches don't show up as well as they might on a different colour box (black etc).

poiuytrewq

Visit site
i,ve ripped the step off ours twice

OUCH! I recently tried to take a very sharp turn and scraped quite severely down the drivers side rear end. I agree a horse box is a horsebox its going to get damaged sadly.
However thats very easy for me to say as mines pretty ancient, Id probably have cried had it been new and shiny!

Meems

Visit site
I won't mention the time I turned left to park it next to a tree, not realising there was a whopping great branch there which I managed to get lodged in the roof. If I'd driven any further forward I would have taken the whole roof off. I had to call the fire brigade out to help extract my lorry from the branch, not one of my finest moments :(:(

Alliya

Visit site
Or the other idea is to have it wrapped my work catering van was done about 5 nearly 6 years ago it's still on it's been up lanes and in woods had shot guns left against it when I have been working at clay pigeon shouts and you can have it any colour you want ( mine has the union jack on it ) but mine is a 58plate Citroen the same size as a small horse box cost at the time £2000 to wrap it

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
My lorry got scratched by branches when I offered to pick up a pony from a field, I had been told it was a lane that takes big agri vehicles so thought be ok...nooooo v narrow and ended up backing out 200 yds so I never went all way through... Then at a ODE someone's dog jumped up at drivers door and that resulted in huge claw marks... I was angry at that and the bloke who let his dog do it offered me £ 50 as comp... Had I not been sitting in drivers seat I bet he would have walked away.. I've now got a touch up pot of paint. To try to cover some of them

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
Or the other idea is to have it wrapped my work catering van was done about 5 nearly 6 years ago it's still on it's been up lanes and in woods had shot guns left against it when I have been working at clay pigeon shouts and you can have it any colour you want ( mine has the union jack on it ) but mine is a 58plate Citroen the same size as a small horse box cost at the time £2000 to wrap it

I wonder, not suggesting you do this or it would be everyone's cup of tea but, I was looking at getting my old car wrapped in an advertising scheme (I know sounds horrendous) I was short of cash and they offer money per square metre. I don't think I'd mind so much if it got scratched if the paint was 'working' :p

Bernster

Visit site
Although I try and keep mine clean and tidy, I can't be too precious about it or I'd go nuts I think. I see it as a working vehicle and it's bound to get a few scrapes along the way. Especially those tree branches! I do know someone who keeps her immaculate but doesn't have any haynets inside and scrubs it clean. I can't be that organised!

Alliya

Visit site
I wonder, not suggesting you do this or it would be everyone's cup of tea but, I was looking at getting my old car wrapped in an advertising scheme (I know sounds horrendous) I was short of cash and they offer money per square metre. I don't think I'd mind so much if it got scratched if the paint was 'working' :p

Sounds like you need Top Gear to take it on :)