Questions re HOYS & making the trip!

showpony

Visit site
Thinking about bringing my 6 YO over for the night... LO is totally & utterly horse mad!
What would be the best day to see a mix of showing/jumping and demos?

We would be flying in from Ireland, so what Airport would be best & would there be a decent hotel close by?

Tonker121

Visit site
HOYS was two weeks ago.... I haven't checked but cant imagine they've released the program for next year yet. Olympia is still to come this year which has a great line up everyday but is just before christmas and there is also Horse World Live which seems to have a good mix of demos and stuff, think showjumping is on the sunday there.

cronkmooar

Visit site
Too late for this year, why not look at going to Olympia instead, plenty of things to see and good xmas shopping too.

Just in case you are being organised for next year :D

You fly into birmingham (try to stay in one of the airport hotels ie ibis novotel etc

Get on airport shuttle and you are HOYS

We had a 4 yr old with us this year - she loved the pony's - m&m's Wednesday workers Thursday.

Also really liked the pony club games which are on twice a day - afternoon and evening. Showjumping everynight so I don't think which day would make that much difference if its a pony mad girl

cronkmooar

Visit site
Think City or Gatwick would have the best links. There are a few hotels around there but book up really quickly but if you could get one in the area you wouldn't have to walk too far.

Don't know which day would be best

zoelouisem

Visit site
Some days at Olympia are sold out. So you might be better seeing what tickets are available and going from there. I know Saturday all day and evening are sold out I suspect Sunday is too, also the puissance on Friday usually sells out pretty fast too.