Questions to ask when loaning a horse...

_jetset_

Visit site
As I am new to all this loaning business I was wondering whether someone could give me advice on what I should be asking and what I should be telling the owner of the horse?

I have found one that I am interested in and have contacted the owner via email and they have replied saying they would like to meet me...

Rebecca

samsaccount

Visit site
The similar sort of questions you would ask before buying, such as vices/history/what they are able to be used for.. etc. But also about the costs such as will they expect you to pay the vet bills/insurance, or will they pay for all/part of them. Sorry my mind is a bit blank, but get a contract drawn up also, stating all of this and the legnth of time allowed to keep the horse on loan. Say 6 months -1 year then re-asses the situation and draw up another contract...sorry I doubt I have helped.

Oaksflight

Visit site
Full loan? Who pays for what, what does the insurance cover, i.e. xc etc. Any vices? Any past injuries? If it's full loan, then pretty much most you'd ask if you were buying it, except minus the obvious and with things you'd expect to be in the contract! Ask if there'll be a contract.

_jetset_

Visit site
Ah right... I am easy either way but I can see why they like to keep on paying for it! I would be exactly the same if it was my horse I was loaning out...

I am just trying to think of everything I would like someone to ask me if I was loaning out Han, but my mind keeps going blank. I have never thought of loaning up until the last couple of weeks, so feel a little behind the times

goeslikestink

www.hozhatz.co.uk
if its insured -- maker sure you insure yourself with a riders own policy can get from seib-- or pet plan

you want to insure yourself to---

have the horse vetted--reasons-- so you not taking on any illness or lameness that somehow you might end up paying for something you didnt do or blamed for somethiing --

so horse vetted-- horse insured
this can be via them and still paying or by you wither way you have to inform inurance compaines that you a re loaning the horse-- and that the owner has a wrrtien tothem to confirm it.
other wise it wil be conflick of interest--

then inusre yourself on a seperate policy a riders poilicy-- to protect you-- seib and pet paln do one --