Queues at Blenheim

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've never queued for long like 5/10 min max. They always have lots of people doing tickets.

Certainly nothing like getting into badminton :p

Lady Jane

Visit site
Blenheim is usually fine, we get there about 9am, I think it gets busier later. Also depends which gate your ticket applies to, and how well they have organised the traffic for that year. But nothing like Badminton at all

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Yeah I don't queue for badders/burghley as I get there early. Blenheim I don't think it's made much difference what time I've rocked up.

flat3

Visit site
Hey Blenheim regulars, I'm going for the first time this year. Are there often 'show offers' on at the stalls? My hat is due for replacing soon...

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
There are good deals to be had but it depends whether you need what they are selling. I bought a beautiful English Bridles black bridle for my Connie for about £40 because it had a miniscule mark on the leather and was classed as a second. To me it was a bargain because I was looking for one. Lots of winter clothing at great prices, not necessarily Equestrian branded but when it gets covered in mud as long as it works who’s going to notice if it’s got Holland & Cooper or Fairfax & Favour on it.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I've just checked and the Saturday XC starts 11am. (i'm sure it started earlier when I've been before).

Must admit, I thought it would be starting earlier and my plan had been to get there early before the crowds, and get out again before the rush.
Really not bothered about the shopping, so don't want to get there too early and be twiddling our thumbs. Any ideas when the queues will start to build? I don't really want to be hanging around for more than an hour before it kicks off, but on the other hand don't want to be sitting in a big queue!

Last edited:

eggs

Visit site
The only time I remember really bad queues was when they were running the European Championships some years back.

Might be busier than usual this year due to the lack of the big spectator events like Badminton and Burghley.

Supercalifragilistic

Visit site
I've just checked and the Saturday XC starts 11am. (i'm sure it started earlier when I've been before).

Must admit, I thought it would be starting earlier and my plan had been to get there early before the crowds, and get out again before the rush.
Really not bothered about the shopping, so don't want to get there too early and be twiddling our thumbs. Any ideas when the queues will start to build? I don't really want to be hanging around for more than an hour before it kicks off, but on the other hand don't want to be sitting in a big queue!

The 8&9 year olds are SJ from 8-10am, I imagine it’s in the main arena if you wanted something to watch before the XC starts.

Lexi_

Visit site

It always used to start v early - I think someone told me once that the old Duke wanted the cross country all finished by 2/3pm for some reason?

reynold

Visit site
It used to be that the XC started at around 9.30 with the 8&9 SJ following the XC in the main arena.

There were numerous complaints about the early start as a lot of people missed the early runners due to queues getting into the main carpark.

It appears the 11am start with the 8&9 SJ beforehand is the new management's solution.