Quick BSJA report - Amusing video!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Well as I haven't evented for a while thought I would do a quick BSJA report.

Took Sarnie to do the Foxhunter at Wendron Rambuck show. Didn't start well as knocked one of the precious new mirrors off the lorry on the way
frown.gif

The course wasn't jumping well the ground was a bit uneven and the distances a little challenging. she jumped a lovely clear one of only 3
laugh.gif

Drawn 3rd in the JO. The 1st one to go had 3 down and the second one had 4 faults in a reasonable time but not fast so I knew it was there to win! Lesson 1 of the day don't count your chickens
wink.gif
The course by now was a good 1.30 and she slightly jumped me off over the first, I then missed totally at the second causing her to do acrobatics to get out of where I buried her. We had it down but look at the video I must be about 3 feet above her, she caught me and threw her head up to keep me on. Then heading at a big 1.30 spread with no stirrups, been trying to sit up better well that certainly worked
tongue.gif
Had to pause to get my stirrups back as I am certainly no Mark todd! Was by now going for 2nd but stayed quite quick as wasn't sure how long I had been piddling about and didn't want time faults. No more dramas and managed to finish ok!

Not too much laughing at the video
blush.gif

Well only found out we had been quick enough to win. There have been plenty of times this year I feel we have been unlucky well today it was certainly on my side. Superstar horse got lots of pats but as you can see was quite impressed by the trophy - first she has won
cool.gif

SN850883.jpg

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The second video looks like Poppy? Fantastic re. Sarnie though What a clever pony, and rider!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops plonker! Changed it now!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Any eventing planned soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

We plan to start again at Longleat with both then will be quite intense for a couple of months, ground conditions allowing.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well done!!! i love the bog standard set of bsja jumps no matter where you in te country they are always the same!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know bog standard BSJA issue!

SpottedCat

Visit site
Sarnie really is very cool isn't she, you can almost see her saying 'get with the programme' when she tips you back into the saddle!

Twizzel

Visit site
I was at Rambuck yesterday doing the photos (I was in the unaff SJ all day) but saw your jumpoff round when I headed back to the car as I was parked by the bsja ring. Have to admit I did gasp
shocked.gif
when you jumped the 2nd but you rode brilliantly, I certainly couldn't have gone on to jump a few of the fences at the height they were with no stirrups!! Hats off to you and well done
smile.gif

jules89

Visit site
ha I was expecting more rider acrobatics then! Call that laughable?! Pffft!

She is so funny, she was totally on the job and getting you back in order wasn't she!

You guys are such a perfect pair and a pleasure to watch,as always
smile.gif
Well done and congrats