Quick e-bay question!

Muchadoaboutnothing

Visit site
Anyone bought off e-bay and paid by money transfer? all been ok'd by ebay e-mails but wanna check :eek: Is it that I put cash into this and it gets sent direct to seller? is it 100% safe?

Gward I'm such a e-bay virgin! lol

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
do you mean money transfer or bank transfer?
If the first, I would say don't do it, the transfer itself is safe, although quite expensive, but you won't have any comeback with the seller if things go wrong.
If you pay by PayPal and the item is, lets say, not as described or it doesn't arrive, you can easily enough get your money back, it's not the case with a money transfer.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
money gram is Royal Mail's money transfer service and it is quite expensive. It might be done by e-bay finance (although not sure how), you generally hand over cash and it's available to pick up on the other end in a couple of hours (I think).
My point about comeback is, that the money goes to the seller, so if you need it back, you might never see it again, where as with PayPal, PayPal will refund your money and recover it from the seller's account.

unicornleather

Visit site
It sounds along the same lines as Escrow, which I use to import goods from China.
I pay the company organising the sale, they hold the mone unti l the goods have been shipped to me and I am happy with them, I then give the ok to the organisers, they pay the seller.
It works fine but I have never tried the ebay one if it is the same, I rely on paypal on ebay to do most of my sales. Oz

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
I think your find they are iffy have a google,

as far as i know VIA paypal you can pay with an e cheque, which is like the normal sort only via pc no paper involved.

money grams i think is what is used in a lot of the nigerian scams etc.

Muchadoaboutnothing

Visit site
I see!
I think the seller has done it so not to pay the paypal charges if you get me.
I don't really like the sound of that do you think it's ok to insist on paying via pay pal?

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
your they buyer yes?

personally id stick with paypal, if item is that much of a bargin and you dont want to lose it, then id offer a small amount of the fees.

other wise.. if it all goes tits up you have little come back. not worth the risk really.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Anyone bought off e-bay and paid by money transfer? all been ok'd by ebay e-mails but wanna check :eek: Is it that I put cash into this and it gets sent direct to seller? is it 100% safe?

Gward I'm such a e-bay virgin! lol

DO NOT PAY THAT WAY AS EBAY WILL NOT COVER YOU IF YOU GET SCAMMED/or item gets lost,they wont help you..
YOU SHOULD PAY BY PAYPAL,ITS SAFER AND YOUR COVERED INCASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG.
Seriously now. Its against ebays rules to pay by the way your asking about.

Last edited: