Quick someone give me a good comeback

ecb89

Visit site
Someone on facebook has just put this as his status:
Zara Phillips' medal is an inspiration to anyone who grew up on the mean streets of Paddington with nothing but a £4M horse and a dream...

Can anyone give me a good come back? People who say things like this really irritate me

DipseyDeb

Visit site
Something like " and of course all that money would have helped to buy the natural talent and courage needed to do what she does, as we all know that money really can buy anything"

Or you could just ignore! ;)

ecb89

Visit site
Ooo nice

might put: would you like some ketchup to go with that chip on your shoulder. would like to see you sit on high kingdom and achieve what she has. yes her privalidged background introduced her to the sport but only hard work, determination and talent has got her to where she is today

ecb89

Visit site
Posted what my I said in my last post. Just realised how awful my spelling was, its now corrected for the comment :)

ecb89

Visit site
He has replied:
Ha ha ha, if I didn't work, got given a free award winning horse, lived my life with a silver spoon i bet I would have done better!

TBH from where I was sitting the horse seemed to be doing much of the work.

Feathered

Visit site
You should point out that there are other team members, Mary King for one, who used to drive HGV's through the night to fund her career...

No one can argue with that.

Suelin

Visit site
I would put
"Ignorance can trawl depths that the rest of us can only dream about"

Or say nothing of course which has so much more dignity really.

ecb89

Visit site
I think Im going to not say anything back. People like this really annoy me and no matter how much we prove otherwise people are always going to assume that zara and co only get to the top because of money

DropbearUK

Visit site
Sounds like someone is volunteering......... please direct him to wherever 'free' award winning horses may be found (somewhere between Oz and Narnia..... on the shelf next to the Unicorns) and I shall be sure to watch for him in the next Olympics! ;)

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I would love to pop one of these smart a**** on a 3* horse and see them pop a 5ft jump :eek: Well no I couldn't do that to the horse - maybe on a mechanical one and make them ride and entire 3* event on it! It's amazing how many people think equestrian events are so easy and that you just need a good horse.

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
Trouble seems to be that the media only talk about Zara rather than the whole team I'm sure it's annoying for her (although anyone remember her lack of acknowledgement of her team when she won sports personality of the year?) and I'm sure her team mates are used to this kind of publicity.

I'm not a fan of the honours system but Tina and Mary deserve dame hoods (or whatever) for services to their sport - elitist as it is:D

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
My friend from work always claims riding is easy, all you do is sit there. He's a cocky **** most of the time, who thinks he can do anything. Sunday he had to come pick some things up from my house, so I text him Saturday night saying that while he was here he could come show me his riding skills. Funnily enough he declined, with no real excuse & all of us have had a good laugh at work as he's just proved he's all mouth & no balls!

JingleTingle

Visit site
Why do you feel the need to defend her? I'm sure that she is more than able to deal with any criticism thrown at her and wouldn't even strain herself to respond to the sort of pleb you are quoting. So why do you? You validate their existence by your reactions, and your need to post on forums about their ignorant ramblings just feeds their ego and encourages more ill informed accusations and petty name calling.:confused:

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
Agree madcow, he probably wouldnt even know how to get on a horse let alone ride one.

He's never been on one in his life, he's admitted that, but it "looks easy". Hence trying to get him to come ride. Purely for my own (and everyone else at works) amusement.

Joanna710

Visit site
Unfortunately it is possible for some to buy their way into the Olympics. An Aussie friend (I use the term lightly, he's one of those who think anyone can sit on any horse and make it look fantastic) flagged this up to me, to prove a point I think...

Does give riders a bad name, every penny I spend on my horse is earned doing a job that I loathe... But it's worth the 6am starts knowing I'll be able to keep him looking and feeling his best. Some people just hear "horse rider" and immediately assume you're well off :/

Dancing Queen

Visit site
1) ahhh bless

2) ignorance or stupid?

TBH just ignore - if you rise to it then they have won; "oh look at me arent I clever! someone has responded"

if you ignore it they will hopefully sink back into their sad existence.
I believe barnacles are quite intelligent.

Venevidivici

Visit site
I'm sure I saw it on here,posted by someone on a different thread but it applies to the guy you're on about...'It is pointless to argue with the wilfully ignorant and/or the genetically stupid.' (Or something like that!) ;)