Quick vote please

Should there be ............................ pages of hunting in HH

• Total voters

RachelB

Visit site
Erm, well, no - but only because I decided last weekend that we were desperate and my clipper lady (YO) was away, then she's too busy this week, so we're doing it Saturday. Considering my horse is currently a polar bear and sweats so much that I use three cooler rugs (and 10pm rug changes) each day, I think we're due!

Weezy

Visit site
No not yet and I refuse to clip until it is of the utmost importance - I have time enough to walk a horse down and dry them off correctly, therefore unless they are dripping with sweat within the first 10 mins of working then no, dont see the need

IMHO too many people clip, and clip too much off, for vanity reasons rather than thinking of the horse

ladylisa

Visit site
I havent clipped yet, only because i only want to clip once as ive been told she wont let you clip her, and im not riding at the moment because of a fractured arm...cant find anyone else willing to ride her.

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
All three done as still out competing each weekend and they were like woolly mammoths pre-clip. Big lad had full clip as he'll be out hunting over the winter, but other two just had a blanket clip to tide them over.

sorona

Visit site
Not yet, I have been putting it off as I absolutely hate clipping, it is so boring, like ironing!! I have clipped my furry youngsters beards off though!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
My lad is the last on the yard to grow his winter coat & the last to lose it. He's only just got his coat but will be clipped Tuesday morning. He is worked hard & will have a trace clip to take off where he sweats. He only has one clip per year...it just doesn't grow out like some.
smile.gif

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
None clipped here yet. A few are starting to go in their coats but we have learnt that if you clip before they are proper hairy you only have to redo them 2 weeks later. Leave them until its really cold and most only need doing once or twice all winter.
I believe a lot of horses are clipped unnecessarily. Sweating does a horse no harm, it is the bodies own temperature control system, and can even help improve a horses coat no end. Of course if a horse is white within 5 mins of work then whip it off, but otherwise sweat them up and wash them off.

the watcher

Visit site
Do intend to, but haven't had time yet..could be doing long clipping session this Sunday. Mine are all native types so must be clipped in order to work as they are turning into woolly bears