Quirky pony back with a bang and introducing my new project!

Javabb94

Visit site
Well I haven't been on here for a while as been very busy at my end!
Sadly I have made the decision to retire my 6 year old mare Abbie from any jumping. She is super talented and it's such a shame but that's horses I suppose! I want to do the best for her as she doesn't owe me anything.

Due to this decision I decided to have another crack at eventing the super quirky boy!!

Those if you who remember a couple of years ago at my first ever BE, Java managed to get eliminated at fence 1. It knocked my confidence I have since spent 2 years plugging away and preparing him as best as I could! I thought I wasn't getting anywhere when in October 2013 we were eliminated at fence 2 of a 65cm hunter trial!!!
I kept going with one last shot and made the decision to enter Eden valley again. Unfortunately this was cancelled so I re- routed to Northallerton. I walked the course the day before and was having slight Heart failure as quite spooky!!

The day dawned and we headed off. Java did a decent ish dressage that I thought would score 40 ish, (good for him!) turns out we got 29.5 so pretty chuffed! SJ we had a stop at one as I rode the turn to the final line with a spooky filler like an idiot and he popped the brakes on. Popped it second time and flew the planks that were often coming down!!

Onto the dreaded XC. In the warm up was the most torrential rain and hail shower that Java proceeded to run backwards round the warm up! I had to get off and by the time I had got back on there was 1 before me so not the best warm up! Well he went put the hoc over 1 and 2 into the woods, where someone had lots of dogs rustling in the bushes! Java dropped his shoulder and ran in the opposite direction! Managed to stay on but had to wait about 3 mins as they didn't move and Java wouldn't go faster than a walk past them. Meaning we walked past fence 4. Came around again and popped it and stormed the rest of the course. So 20pens but much better than elimination at the first.!!

Next was Warwick Hall the week after. I was an idiot and forgot my test! Did half a 20m circle not a full one! I got flustered and ended up on 42.5. Java has never SJ on grass before so bit nervous but he flew round clear in the time. (Time was catching a few!).
XC time! It was a big solid course which looked really fun! He flew out the start box flew the rails and ditch at 6, the massive saw bench at 7. 10 was a skinny log on a downhill and I checked too much and his back legs kind of slipped sending us past the fence! Gutted!! Teaches me to put studs in next time. Flew the rest of the course and still inside the time by 21 seconds! Without the stop would have been 6th so at least I know I'm not too off the pace
Thank you to the HHO fence judge who took this!!
deff5c8f03b3a13ae8c71d1be8304209_zps2e4885f6.jpg

Onto my project!
Meet Bobby!
Came off the track in December 2013 and has had 3 months off and then to me. He is a real sweety and hopefully my next eventer. He is 10.
I have had him only 2 weeks and we attempted dressage yesterday more it get him used to shows. He thought the white boards were for jumping bless him! He won't be out eventing until next year as he is far too nice to rush. Ignore my position! Woops!
43e99f848b59d32f6483d85ee7a7f521_zpscecc77db.jpg

Java has also been done his first BS in 2 years picking up Double clear in the British Novice which was very up to height! Had a couple down in discovery as he finds striding quite long and the cores were full up 1.10 in the jump off part, but still very pleased
a457968d67cb19a5766778f1f42074e8_zps6358348b.jpg

I also did a workers a couple of weeks ago getting 2 2nds and reserve champ!!
c32f1bee70e6c2c5cafc1960e387e083_zps46fdee72.jpg

Busy busy!!
I'm at Auchinleck Be80 on Saturday with Java and have an RoR flat clinic with bobby on the Sunday :)

God Java really has turned into a lovely all rounder! What's better is I have done it all myself as when I got him at 12 all he had ever done was hack - he had never jumped or competed

EveningStar

Visit site
Well done with all your outings with Java! Sounds like he is just getting better and better :) Good luck for the rest of the season and keep us updated.

Bobby sounds very sweet but we need more photos!

Javabb94

Visit site
Well done with all your outings with Java! Sounds like he is just getting better and better :) Good luck for the rest of the season and keep us updated.
Bobby sounds very sweet but we need more photos!

Thanks I will do :) need to get back into posting on here and reading other peoples reports! I will promise to post more Breezey Bob photos ;)

What's happened to Abbie??

She has navicular quite badly in fronts and poor girl won't stand to jump or event again. Hoping to get her a hacking/dressage home, as she has fantastic paces.

Well done! Sounds very busy. Don't want another project? ;)

Haha and what project would that be?

Javabb94

Visit site
FfionWinnie - she is still shod.

Well today Auchinleck has cancelled so off to NCPA summer show for ridden veterans instead! Hate the british weather. At least have Hutton 80 in 2 weeks.

lex2501

Visit site
Very sorry to hear Abbie is no longer jumping but every cloud has a silver lining and Bobby looks like a jolly nice one! And Java looks the picture of health too! What a lovely collection :)

Lolo

Visit site
Java looks brilliant! He's come on so much with you :) I'm sorry to hear about Abbie though.

Javabb94

Visit site
Very sorry to hear Abbie is no longer jumping but every cloud has a silver lining and Bobby looks like a jolly nice one! And Java looks the picture of health too! What a lovely collection :)

Thanks :) it's such a shame with Abbie as she is my 'ideal' horse with so much to give. Bobby is lovely :) can't believe how he has been working considering I have only had him 2 weeks in that photo and he's my first ex racer.
Java always looks well - too well at the minute though I think!

Java looks brilliant! He's come on so much with you :) I'm sorry to hear about Abbie though.

Thanks Lolo :) he definitely has. Made all the blood, sweat and tears put into him finally worth it.