Quirky Pony does dressage and manages a frilly!

Javabb94

Visit site
I have just written it and lost it :(

Here goes againc.

As the BE season is fast approaching and I haven't done a test since July with J I realised I needed to get out and about!

He is 16 this year so I need to make the most of the next few years, however he is super low mileage only starting his competition career at 13.

He was very fresh and super forward, however pulled a great test out of the bag to score 65.7% in Prelim 1, placing 6th out of 20.

Had some lovely commments. He was really listening and test felt really accurate.
50c1b39cd5eec6a483116eb57ccf9460_zpscd20c1dc.jpg

149d667180470f18ff077c74c115fde6_zps5db1fb27.jpg

54269576bdb5ee5d0087b774167b4b95_zps57080bbe.jpg

d1db7ccabd13c8562a61696f91d5e929_zps7cb1110b.jpg

It was also the first time competing in our dressage saddle, it has made such a difference to competing in my jump saddle.

We had 2 hours until P13 and when I eventually hopped back on board, he spotted his friend from the yard. When friend went to do their test, Java panicked. Broncing, whinnying and shaking in the collecting ring! We were on next so I had to get off and walk him round but he was whinnying constantly and it is so loud!

His test therefore was very tense and he felt like he could explode- he managed to hold it together until his final canter where it was a lovely mix of canter/bucks/broncs.

Obviously the tension reduced the marks, otherwise we actually had a good rhythm!

We are off to a workers this weekend where he expel some excess energy by jumping some nice forward rounds!

I'm not too worried as he was perfect in the first test!

Atleast we have improved on last year.

The full report will be on my blog either this evening or tomorrow :)
http://ashotateventing.weebly.com/blog.html

Last edited:

Javabb94

Visit site

Javabb94

Visit site
Also have a question. i have a saddle on trial which fits J, however I am struggling with what sort of block I need on a dressage saddle. never had one before. The saddle is on trial so i can see what type of blocks i need. I'm 5ft 11 with very long hip to knee and feel like my knees are on top of the blocks rather than in them. Its a movable block. To get my legs in my stirrups are ending up too long.

Any recommendations for a dressage saddle for long legs?

Last edited:

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Cannot even remotely help on dressage saddles for long legs, but wanted to say lovely report and pics!
It looks like you are going in the right direction for the season ahead!
x x