Quirky pony goes SJ and WH at Greenlands! 2-in-1 Report!

Javabb94

Visit site
On the 25th January I took J to do some working hunter, Trailblazers Qualfiers. I really need to get out Xc schooling but due to the weather at the moment working hunter is the next best thing!
The course was terrifying and due to this we stuck to smaller classes than we are used to.
First class was style and performance and to my surprise we won! I didn't think we had 'style' :eek3:
Next up was his workers class where he jumped a nice clear for 3rd. All in all a good day.

Full report with pictures is on my blog
http://ashotateventing.weebly.com/blog.html

Onto yesterday. It was a local riding club trophy show at our nearest venue so headed off to jump the 85cm and 95cm.
It started at 10 with ponies and due to a very large turnout (which is great of course) horses didn't start until 3.40!

So had a bit of a wait but I was soon in board. The 85cm had quite a few in it and was very up to height and quite technical.

By the time I went in there were no double clears whatsoever so the course was very influential particularly the last fence.
Java was absolutely superb and flew round the a double clear and into the lead. It was a trophy show so we were edging closer. Everyone after us had poles flying until the last competitor jumped DC with a slightly faster time!
Still very pleased with 2nd in a big class with only 2 DC's. Proves we can pull it out of the bag when it matters.

Onto the 95cm where the triple bar looked huge! It was another big class. Unfortunately after the triple bar j just ran on a bit at fence 3 to have the back rail, but jumped all the fences that had been causing problems clear. So very pleased considering only 2/3 DC's in this class also!

95cm Triple Bar
55ca7c4a4d3480d02c5371dcaf8bcb8e_zps7e222121.jpg

fd787cd6314be9b6d51e40a79280c727_zpsf9bda88b.jpg

The Dalek fence!
1f16e5ae35f8c3a513389a647cee04c7_zpsad90e3bb.jpg

Looking rather small in the prize giving! He is 15.2hh
b979a19b120117fe0702db15ed3ad9e4_zps625e8a5f.jpg

J has been to 3 shows this year all in different disciplines and Come back with rosettes each time. 6th in dressage, 1st and 3rd at the workers and now 2nd at jumping. He is proving a true all rounder and to think he hadn't competed until he was 13 (I got him at 12) is crazy! I'm really pleased that all the work I've put in is now reaping the rewards. Let's hope this continues at BE!

Javabb94

Visit site
Those jumps look brilliant! And quite terrifying. Well done!

Thanks! They are quite terrifying! Has taken many attempts at shows to get him truly used to them.

Well done! Great results, you look like a lovely partnership

Thanks taken 3 years but finally feel like we are getting somewhere :)

Well done! Great results.... those fences look very spooky, no wonder there were hardly any double clears !

Haha true! There were some quite tricky lines also which didn't help.

Well done :)
Sounds like J is getting a little bit more brave and consistent - must be such a good feeling for you :D

He is definitely feeling much braver! Finally! I can finally ride him forward properly without worrying about him stopping at a spooky filler!

Well done

Javabb94

Visit site
Good results, well done

Well done he is lovely :)

That triple bar looks a lot bigger than 95! Well done :)

Thanks. It definitely looked a lot bigger! Rode very well though!

Well done!!! sounds like a brilliant outing! he looks like hes finding those jumps easy!

Thanks, he is feeling very fit and well at the moment and he definitely made it feel easy. Would like to try a 1.10 this year :)

Lolo

Visit site
Those jumps are amazing- Smokes would have kittens over the daleks! J is getting so much more confident and he looks so well :) Fingers crossed for an amazing event season for you both!

Javabb94

Visit site
Well done, nice SJ pics! Are you heading to WH on Saturday?

Thanks :) no not going this time! Whilst weather allows off skiing up at Alston on Saturday.

well done :D
Looks like 1.10 will be well within your reach this year :)

Thanks :) I hope so, I said I would do it last year so need to just go for it!

Well done! I am hoping to get to Greenlands on Wednesday but my trailer is still a 3-wheeler at the mo :(

Oh that's doesn't sound good! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Those jumps are amazing- Smokes would have kittens over the daleks! J is getting so much more confident and he looks so well :) Fingers crossed for an amazing event season for you both!

Well I thought Java would not jump them in a million years as he is quite filler spooky but popped theses first time of asking! Thanks - he definitely feels more confident and bold when ridden, he feels so much better so hopefully this will translate to clears on the XC :)