Rabbit Holes

Jacky Boy

New User
Visit site
Hi Guys, i took my daughter horse riding the other day and decided to have a walk around the farm and i couldn't help but notice the increase of the rabbit population the fields were peppered with holes which of course is dangerous for the horses as they can step in them, i was wondering if any of you guys were experiencing the same thing as i would like to offer my services for FREE of course, for the last 15 years rabbiting with ferrets has been a hobby of mine i find its the most effective way to keep the population of rabbits at bay, anyway as I'm a new member i thought i would use this as an opportunity to introduce myself my name is from Jack and I'm from Essex, I'm prepared to travel, feel free to inbox me if you require some help, thanks for reading.

JillA

Visit site
I have someone come and shoot mine - a more humane way of controlling IMO. There are people in most areas who would jump at the chance, usually post in various FB groups

Jacky Boy

New User
Visit site
I agree with you JiLLA it is a more humane way of dealing with them providing you get a clean shot, i do have various air rifles if people prefer this way but sometimes you can hit them in the wrong place, then what happens is they run off and die in there warrens thus not being very humane, also with ferrets you tend to clear the whole warren with guns you don't this is why a lot of you will find when you back fill the holes a few days later they will be dug out again.

Sean Woodcock

Visit site
I’m in Yorkshire, on the above, I use a 3 stage process with Rabbits, setting off shooting them in daylight with a super quiet rifle ( not pellet gun, not humane in my opinion ), as the rabbits become aware then take them in an evening, and finally ferret when there few left to ensure warrens are fully clear. If people don’t want the rabbits killing, I will catch them up using drop traps and move to another area where they are not an issue