RAC/PRP Horse Trailer assist - I have to applaud

SpruceRI

Visit site
Today I broke down on the M25, so called PRP/RAC which I recently took out having read various posts on here about horsebox recovery... and having cancelled my NFU insurance and the breakdown cover that went with the policy.

Though there was a bit of a muck up with who I was supposed to have phoned in the first instance, the RAC or PRP, after not too long a tow truck came and collected my car and a lovely chap arrived at the same time with a 4WD to tow Rosie home in the trailer, and transport me, my friend and her dog.

Rosie is a bit of a nervous traveller. She doesn't like going round corners fast or hard breaking, accelerating, and I'm always nervous when other people drive.

But this chap was ace! We had a lovely smooth drive back to the stables, and arrived just after the tow truck who had dropped my car off, and we passed him going back up the road.

So all I can say is THANK GOD I took out those covers!! ;o)

HollyB66

Visit site
That's good to hear :)

The starter motor has gone on my 4WD so I'm off the road until it's fixed :( but I'm also with RAC/PRP so had I got stuck somewhere other than at home it's nice to know they would have rescued me and my Rosie :D

Izzwizz

Visit site
Thats great to hear, I have this cover and havent had to use it thankfully. Nice to know its good service - will pass this on to my OH as he is an RAC Patrol man. He will be pleased to hear positive reports of this cover.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Thats great to hear, I have this cover and havent had to use it thankfully. Nice to know its good service - will pass this on to my OH as he is an RAC Patrol man. He will be pleased to hear positive reports of this cover.

Surprisingly it wasn't the RAC who came out, but another Recovery company who are seen up and down the Kent side of the M25!

No matter, the contact from PRP, RAC, the Recovery company and the 4WD chap was all very good.

What was also lovely, was that a chap stopped to check we were OK because my car was smoking back and front, he thought we were on fire and was going to help us get Rosie out or preferably help unhitch the trailer from the car and push one away from the other - what a lovely man!!! (He said his daughter used to have a horse!!)