Race Horse to Riding Horse Showing class

helly86

Visit site
Hi All, I'm thinking about entering my Pacer into one of these classes at a local show. Does anyone know what's involved? What will be required of us etc...? Any help much appreciated!

Taboo1968

Visit site
Usually walk trot and canter as a group.... and then an individula show where you again, walk, trot and canter on both reins and then show a gallop along the long side. coming to a halt in front of the judge!
grin.gif

ladybones

Visit site
I did two of these yesterday, the showing class involved walk, trot and canter as a group and then the judge had a ride on each and conformation was marked. This was the RoR showing class.

The second class is call the RoR challange and it involves jumping a course of rustic show jumps with two bonus coloured fences which you have the option of jumpng if you go clear round the rest of the course, you are marked out of 5 for style at each fence. Then you do and individual show which has to include a canter serpentine (simple changes) and gallop as well as the usuall trot on each rein, then you are marked on conformation, the judge does not ride them in this class.

Hope that helps, i had loads of fun doing the challenge and was placed but i found the showing class a bore!

There is loads of info on ror.org have fun!

helly86

Visit site
Oh Cripes! We're a long way off that- I better stick to best turned out when i fancy doing some showing- He's very good at standing and looking gorgeous but trotting- NO WAY!!!! HA HA HA
Thanks guys! One day, maybe!!