Rachel Alexandra

GTs

Visit site
Just won the Preakness beating winner Mine That Bird - pity the race wasn't longer as he was gaining.

The real test will be when she races Zenyatta - right now in the US the fillies are better than the colts and far more exciting.

hezza1

Visit site
Sorry almost asleep but who is she and what race has she won and where is it held , never heard of it or her.
blush.gif

cefyl

Visit site
What an exciting race. Rachel Alexander a great filly making history. All credit to Mine That Bird, from last to second running wide and I believe the jock if he had another 16th of a mile he would have gotten to RA. He was blocked in traffic but that little gelding was flying, you had to have been there to really appreciate how fast he went through and around the field again without the help of a clear run on the rail like Churchill Downs. Two great horses and history made.

X

xspiralx

[ QUOTE ]
What an exciting race. Rachel Alexander a great filly making history. All credit to Mine That Bird, from last to second running wide and I believe the jock if he had another 16th of a mile he would have gotten to RA. He was blocked in traffic but that little gelding was flying, you had to have been there to really appreciate how fast he went through and around the field again without the help of a clear run on the rail like Churchill Downs. Two great horses and history made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - I actually hoped Mine That Bird would win - he had an unlucky race IMO. To get up to 2nd despite being so far back and having to go around the outside and get stuck in traffic is pretty incredible and I really think he would have caught her.

RA is a very impressive filly, and well deserved the win, but I guess I wanted the underdog to win it.

hadfos

Visit site
The filly was lucky he got held up in traffic...he would have nailed her...what an amazing turn of foot that colt has got,i love watching him...just ashame luck was against him on the day!!

lucretia

Visit site
i think also they need to be a bit careful with RA, horses that run from the front like that always run hard as you cant really switch them off so i will be interested to see what happens if she runs in the belmont. I do agree the second was unlucky in a way but to be honest with tactics like those he was almaost certainly going to be, there was no way the others would have made room for him if they could avoid it but he was flying that is for sure.

hadfos

Visit site
Agree with you...but from the back the others had no chance
frown.gif
,had he been given room he would have trounced her
smile.gif
...brave front running performance from her but not a true run race,i think the colt will prove to be a star,and what a story that will be
smile.gif

cefyl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Agree with you...but from the back the others had no chance
frown.gif
,had he been given room he would have trounced her
smile.gif
...brave front running performance from her but not a true run race,i think the colt will prove to be a star,and what a story that will be
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine That Bird is a gelding!

The overhead shows just how far he had to run to get to 2nd, they really pushed him wide so just how close it would have been had he got the rail as he did at Churchill Downs.

hadfos

Visit site
Minor details...nuts/not
grin.gif
...he is still pretty damn quick.he covered a hell of a distance in a short space of time and was gaining pretty bloody quick,and i think had he got through he would have won
smile.gif

LindaW

Visit site
I think the filly won fair and square, who's to say if he'd come up sooner, she wouldn't have found more?

Both of them are spectacular, they'll be after trying to clone him then.