racing people.. help needed.. how to understand the RacingPost website

MissDeMeena

Visit site
ok, so what does it all mean.. like when you're looking up a horse/trainer/jockey, you can look up stats (only for the last 5 seasons) current form (obviously from this season?) and engagements (what's about to happen)...

So lets say you're looking up a jockey's stats, hdl = hurdle, ch = chase, NHF = National Hunt F??... wins/runs/2nd/3rd/4th are obvious.. but it doesn't go in that order, it goes wins.. runs.. %.. what is the % of?? (wins to total rides?)
Then you have win prize money and total prize money, which is obvious.. but then you have "1£ stake" with either a +no. or a -no. under it, what's that all about???
That's all in the top 'over all' section.. then under that (we're still looking up a jockey here) what that jockey has done for each trainer...
Will try and give an example, of Jockey 'A' riding for Trainer J.Bloggs..

Trainer/.............. Overall............./.....Hurdle........./........Chase................./.......NHF........./
J.Bloggs/... 4-23.. 17%.. +9.5...../...2-6..13%..-0.50.../...2-6...33%...+11.00.../...0-1......-1.00/

Probably just a question for vicijp here, but anyone else who understands it all, please feel free.. when i understand all that, will probably be back with a load more Qs
crazy.gif

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
The percentage is of wins from total rides.
The £1 stake is if you had £1 on each of the jockeys rides, what return you get. So say you had a 2 jockeys who both had 10 rides, both had 5 winners and 5 losers. The jockey who won on the horses with larger prices would have a +, whereas a jockey who won on favourites would probably have a return in the -'s.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
ok, so jockey 'A' for trainer J.Bloggs rode.. 4 winners from 23 starts, (17% winner ratio) and the +9.50 means they were fairly low in the betting... 2 of those winners came from 16 starts over hurdles (13% winner ratio) and the -0.50 means they were better rated in the betting.... the other 2 winners came from 6 starts chasing (33% winner ratio) and the +11.00 means they were also fairly low in the betting... he also had 1 ride national hunt which wasn't placed, and with -1.0 meaning it was nearer favourite than 100-1...

Am i pretty right with all that (going by what i posted in my first post) ????

vicijp

Thats pretty right, but regarding the £1 stake - if he had lots of losing rides it could mean that they were longer priced winners. Its just a general guide.
The -1 would mean it went off evens.
Who are you on about? I may be able to tell you what you want to know.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Also just noticed (on your website) you used to work for Amanda Perrett.. not sure if you were there at the same time, but do you remember a little chestnut horse called 'In The Stars'
I have him here at the mo. and it was trained by her for a bit.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Sounds like the one.. not riding anymore.. is Ast. trainer to someone out in USA!
Also horse sounds like the same one too...

So next question... what's all the letters on a horses form page mean... ie OR/TS/RPR (at the end of the line)
race/conditions
Fon (=Fontwell?) 20GS = Good to Soft?? but whats the 20 for?
and then.. Cl3 HcH,8k ???
(have used horse 'Screenplay' mentioned in another posts as an example here) and the Cl3 Hch,8k was taken from its last run....

vicijp

OR is official rating, determines what races they can run in and what weight they carry.
TS is Topspeed and RPR is racing post rating. Basically these are made up by the racing post as a betting guide for punters. I dont really take much notice of them and dont know how they make them up.
Fon is Fontwell, 20gs is 20 furlongs (2m4f/2 1/2m), good to soft.
Then Class 3 handicap(weighted regarding OR) hurdle, £8000 to winner.
In the race conditions it may also be novice (not to have won before that season, weight for age), maiden (not to have won at all, wfa), seller (winner sold at auction after, rest can be claimed - these can be novice/hcp/wfa), claimer (weight determined on price owner is willing to sell for).

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Right, i'm getting there, but can see this taking me a while...
i mean i understand what it all means.. next is when horses are in the wrong/right race! (ie running badly due to useless trainer)

MissDeMeena

Visit site
haha, about to claim it myself
wink.gif

Tis a good old fashioned 3mile chaser, should be running in winter, but is running in summer at mo (doesn't like the hard ground) , sometimes over 2mile hurdles
crazy.gif

I gotta get out of eventing one day, might as well be into racing haha

Actually i do know of two, both having one last run, before being shipped off to Ascot (or similar) both are pile of [****], and doubt you'd want them anyway, one is very nice horse, running over 7f (i don't think it should be) and it's a bleeder, other i wouldn't want as a gift!! (and the 3rd i couldn't tell you about, as i want it
wink.gif
)

twinnieolz

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I gotta get out of eventing one day, might as well be into racing haha

[/ QUOTE ]

im really into racing, want to be a NH jockey, maybe do abit on the flat too, like Tony McCoy who started on the flat but got too big so went onto NH Racing!!
grin.gif