Racing this weekend

Gamebird

Visit site
Thought I'd get in early ahead of what will hopefully be the best weekend of the season so far...
A small but quality field in the Betfair Chase, in which Bravemansgame will try to erase the Charlie Hall from our collective memories. Shiskin makes his seasonal reappearance at Ascot. Goschen and Sceau Royal also line up there over hurdles (which will hopefully be more enjoyable than watching Goschen over fences!). Apple Away makes her debut over fences at Haydock, taking on a GN placed horse and winner of the NH Chase at the Festival. And that's without top class action from Ireland with the Morgiana and John Durkan, and the likes of Stateman and Galopin des Champs out for the first time this season. An embarrassment of riches!

Thoroughly excited! Was planning Saturday afternoon on the sofa switching between ITV and RUK, however I will now be at Haydock using all my data trying to watch Punchestown and Ascot on my phone.

Who is everyone most excited to see??? :D

Dino7

Visit site
NH Racing is the best thing about winter! I will be on my sofa watching in the warm. Looking forward to see which version of Shishkin we have this season - as well as all the others!

humblepie

Visit site
Some gorgeous horses. Might go to Ascot as Sceau Royal one of my favourites and Shiskin as well. Unfortunately a bit far to go and see Gallopin Des Champs. Have a good one at Haydock.

Gamebird

Visit site
Sceau Royal has been an amazingly versatile horse for them. He'll be 12 in 6 weeks time too! Daryl won't be there to ride him unfortunately as he's picked up the Bravemansgame ride at Haydock.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Anything that Nicky Henderson trains interests me, his eye for a horse is outstanding and the vast majority of them would make show horses after racing. His patience with them, I know many would say he is too cautious, but I don't, is a real testament to the respect he has to the horses in his care.

humblepie

Visit site
Sceau Royal has been an amazingly versatile horse for them. He'll be 12 in 6 weeks time too! Daryl won't be there to ride him unfortunately as he's picked up the Bravemansgame ride at Haydock.

He would be an amazing horse to own as he is always there or thereabouts and a really smart looking little horse.

humblepie

Visit site
Anything that Nicky Henderson trains interests me, his eye for a horse is outstanding and the vast majority of them would make show horses after racing. His patience with them, I know many would say he is too cautious, but I don't, is a real testament to the respect he has to the horses in his care.

Absolutely re the show horses. I am always picking out future ones from his runners!

j1ffy

Visit site
I'm very excited about watching Apple Away. My only other syndicate horse in training, Issuing Authority, is due to run on Sunday at Exeter (but let's see, as a Henderson trained horse he is withdrawn more often than not!!). Hopefully I can squeeze in some TV time to watch some of the other big names too - I completely agree with you AA about Henderson's string. Having done a few stable visits there the quality of the horses always impresses me, I have some good natters with his assistant trainer occasionally too as he's got horses at the same yard as mine - they really do put horse health at the forefront of their approach and no £ is spared in ensuring they're fit and comfortable.

minesadouble

Visit site
Arrgghh don't taunt me!!

My girls have a clinic tomorrow 😭 ...would I be a really bad mum to just let their Dad take them while I watch the racing??
(They're 14 and 16 so not little tots 🤣)

Visit site
I am at Ascot with the Rockstar. I have unwillingly abandoned Primoz and Apple today but needs must. I do love the Rockstar though! He has a big ask stepping up so much in class, if he is 2nd or 3rd that will be a MASSIVE run from him.

Apple has 1 horse to best in her race and that horse is dropping back over half a mile in trip and was last seen in the National so he is plenty beatable on those stats alone.

Visit site
Don't follow racing that much anymore but there has been a few races where he hasn't looked like he enjoys it, do we think this is him really trying to make that point?

When he wants it he is an absolute terrier in a fight. When he doesn't feel like it it's obvious. My guess would be we will see him once more and if he does the same again he would retire.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I wonder if that bone conduction caused him pain and he remembers it. Regardless, I think he's trying to tell them he doesn't want to do it anymore and wants to go and do another job

Clodagh

Visit site
Wasn’t he just! He’s never oozed enthusiasm but that was a new level. I’m so pleased for Harry Cobden, he’s my jockey 😄