Racing this weekend

reynold

Visit site

Gamebird

Visit site

Maddie Moo

Visit site
My Old Gold horse, who’s free to sign up for, Henry Box Brown is running tomorrow at Ffos Las in a 2 mile handicap chase.

Obviously it’s not the same as being a paying member of OG but I’m still enjoying my weekly email with updates on his progress, so hopefully he will run well 🤞🏻

Unfortunately he fell four out but they sent an email out saying he’s absolutely fine which is the main priority albeit probably going to be a bit stiff in the morning. Onwards and upwards!

Clodagh

Visit site
Unfortunately he fell four out but they sent an email out saying he’s absolutely fine which is the main priority albeit probably going to be a bit stiff in the morning. Onwards and upwards!
I get his updates ( I have Picks Lad with them, although he’s broken atm).

Snowfilly

Visit site
Did anyone get the background to what happened with Stop the Train at Fakenhan yesterday? Lots of comments she was anaesthetised to move her because she fell on her jockey and trapped him but surely they couldn’t have done a GA in the middle of a racetrack? Wondering if it was bad journalism and she was heavily sedated

She was eventually led away and the jockey was also ok.

Gamebird

Visit site
Did anyone get the background to what happened with Stop the Train at Fakenhan yesterday? Lots of comments she was anaesthetised to move her because she fell on her jockey and trapped him but surely they couldn’t have done a GA in the middle of a racetrack? Wondering if it was bad journalism and she was heavily sedated

She was eventually led away and the jockey was also ok.
I don't know the details, but it's perfectly common to do short field GAs with eg, ketamine or a triple-drip combo - similar to what you would do for a GA/castrate in a field/stable. I have carried this procedure out before to enable fire-crews to cut horses out of horseboxes (remember those spate of accidents where horses tried to jump out of the jockey doors of 3.5t lorries before they changed the designs?) and have also been trained to GA horses at FEI events where a rider is trapped under the horse in a XC fall.

Snowfilly

Visit site
I don't know the details, but it's perfectly common to do short field GAs with eg, ketamine or a triple-drip combo - similar to what you would do for a GA/castrate in a field/stable. I have carried this procedure out before to enable fire-crews to cut horses out of horseboxes (remember those spate of accidents where horses tried to jump out of the jockey doors of 3.5t lorries before they changed the designs?) and have also been trained to GA horses at FEI events where a rider is trapped under the horse in a XC fall.

That’s fascinating and in the case of the 3.5 boxes, terrifying. Never really thought about short GAs, all my boys have always been done standing.