racing yards in newmarket

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Have you not thought of asking the person in charge?? Poss. more likely to know than someone from HHO
wink.gif

Lord_Horatio_Nelson

Visit site
Depends on the accomodation that you get. If it's a lads hostel then it's less likely you will be able to take your pet however, a lot of lads live in shared houses around town which providing your housemates don't mind, can't see that as a problem.
I note you are going to the BRS next year. no pets there I'm afraid. (unless they have changed their rules?)

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I would think that a pet would not be allowed on most yards, although my friend who works for Darley takes her greyhound to work. But thats another point, if you are at work from 6 - 12 and 4-6 thats quite a lot of time for the dog to be on its own and will you be lively enough to walk it when you get out of work.
Another point from personal experience of living in lads hostels, is that while dogs were allowed in the ones I lived in it, seemed unfair on those that didn't want to live with dogs and the noise, smell etc no matter how much you think it doesn't matter can just wind up fellow hostel mates and p*ss them off.
Trust me, if you want to take a pet, give yourself some time to settle into the job before getting your pet to join you. I have ended up taking on care of unwanted dogs, hamsters and fish from lads that lost interest or couldn't be bothered.