Rackham HT Report...

PrillyD

Visit site
My pony and I headed out on Saturday for the Hunter Trial at Rackham. We entered ourselves for the BE90-100 course as we are constantly clear and placed at 90 classes and this class introduced some more of the straight forward 100 fences.

My pony is a strange one- on the ground she's the biggest, kindest sweet heart going but once you get on, she's a bit turbo charged and frankly, quite mad.
She always seems to know when we're going xc as i always get head butted in the stomach once she's loaded:rolleyes:

also to quickly mention that she's 22 and a half :D

So we arrived at 1pm - bloody hot day and had a quick cuddle...

We warmed up in quite a small warm up area- i was quite glad i was first to go as after my round, the warm up was crammed!! They were running 15 mins late and when they were ready for me, they gave me 5 seconds warning before my time began but didn't wait for me to actually get in the start box...

I was quite nervous as at this event and this class last year as i ballsed up the steps up to the brush fence which resulted in us going clear apart from a run out at said brush fence...doh!

So off she went, popping everything in her sight. She jumped so deep over the hayrack that we jumped the ditch on our buckle end of our reins...
Quickly regathered and quickly flew the proceeding huge brush, decent log which was up hill on top of a mound:

picture.php

and landing:
picture.php

flew round the next load of jumps until we got to the steps. This year they had the big brush at the bottom of the steps and i decided to bring it all back to a trot to avoid my lack of control on my nutty pony and she came back to me so much, we pretty much jumped it from nothing...:rolleyes:
picture.php

picture.php

She flew through the last lot of jumps and came home clear which i was thrilled about. I knew we were under 5 mins (my other half timed me) but also knew we lost a lot of time on the steps etc, so room for improvement!

Anyway, we were placed 9th out of about 18 or 19, so while theres work to be done, i am very happy and proud that at 22 she still wants to fly!! No sign of any stiffness the next day which makes me a happy mummy :D

picture.php

Liane

Visit site
Well done both of you :)

I have recognised who you are (actually recognised your mare), we were at Bramble Hill last weekend, I was on the huge coloured in the warm up.

I really enjoyed Bramble Hill, perhaps see you there again :) There is an eventers challenge in Oct.

Congrats again to you and your XC machine!!!!

PrillyD

Visit site
Ah yes, I remember!! My other half liked your pony so much, he took a picture of him!! lol

Yes i enjoyed it too- was a nice event! I think the EC is the same day as ardingly :(

PrillyD

Visit site
Actually, the EC is the week before ardingly so it may be poss. Would like to find transport though as walking 2 miles home in my boots blistered both my ankles :mad: lol

Crabbet park is the sunday i'm working. Not got much else planned apart from fairoak and ardingly. How about you? :)

Was it the noseband that gave us away? ;)

Liane

Visit site
ohhh hadn't seen Ardingly, will have a look at that.........

Haven't got that much planned, although might do the sponsored ride at Glynde this Sat, they have jumps en route so like a very long XC. Although with your mare I suspect she would want to go at XC pace for the whole 12 miles!!!! :)

I was tempted by the Affiliated ODE at Coomblands in Oct, but I dont think we are ready this year, perhaps next year we might aim for it.

ouch, that sounds sore, especially after the XC, you will have to bring a backpack with trainers for the hike home, although transport sounds much more civilised!!

PrillyD

Visit site
Do coombelands!!! :)

Whereabouts are you based? Not sure i've heard of Glynde? I suspect any sponsored ride, i'd probably die with all the other horses around ;)

Liane

Visit site
I will mull over Coomblands!!! I definately wont worry about my boy getting old (he will be 15 next year) if your mare is anything to go by. I have a younger one waiting in the wings to be an eventer (just over a year old), but if current one carries on like your mare I will have two in full work in a few years time!

We are based West Sussex, just up the road, but Glynde is near Lewes, so quite a way but a lovely ride, lots of lovely canter stretches alongside the river.

PrillyD

Visit site
Do it!!! Think we're going schooling at coombelands next week sometime; it's so lovely there :)

Oh right, I live in Crawley so not that far :) xx