RAF Halton Fun Ride

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
No I don't think so. It's a bit far to travel seeing as I've hardly ridden lottie yet. Next year defo though!!!

But... Thanks for bringing back loads of happy memories with the prompt. I rode at raf Halton as a teenager and even represented them at the raf champs twice (as a civilian)!! I spent my winter weekends fence building and mending and creosoting and woodchip laying round the airfield and happy valley!! The first car I drove was a RAF defender (which I got stuck in the mud on the airfield by the plane- how I'm not sure but I was 14!!)

I had the most amazing time on their loan horse shadow who was an ex hunt masters horse who towed me round the airfield through a quagmire if I remember rightly. He was 22 and reared vertically twice at the start he was soooooo excited. I was in an eggbut snaffle and cavesson and weighed about 7 stone and I didn't stand a hope in hells chance of holding him. And I took my little ex racer loan boy round a couple of times and he only just managed to hold it together too but it was so much fun. I could cry thinking about how many happy times I had at that saddle club. It was just awesome!! And I got to ride round an RAF base full of squaddies!!!

I love love love the sponsored ride. Will def go next year with Lottie and may go watch this year.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Ah don't feel bad - mine hasn't been ridden much since I've had him either!
He has some uneven shoulder development and also, dark nights are hard!

Oooh if you do come watch, keep an eye out for the short girl clinging to the dapple grey doing acrobatics when asked to stand still ;) That'll be me haha

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Might go watch but none of mine are going to be fit enough or sane enough to go. The one that is is no longer allowed to jump.

The last time we were there about four years ago it was soooo busy and too many horses were going at once so would only take the sane one if sister did it again.

Have fun

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Might go watch but none of mine are going to be fit enough or sane enough to go. The one that is is no longer allowed to jump.

The last time we were there about four years ago it was soooo busy and too many horses were going at once so would only take the sane one if sister did it again.

Have fun

You don't have to jump?

I'm hoping to go out reaaal early (as are most people I guess haha!) to minimise the amount of people already on the course :')
Mine isn't particularly fit and is very excitable, but I figured that there's like 3 months to get him fit enough and it'll be nice to have an aim :D

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
You don't have to jump?

I'm hoping to go out reaaal early (as are most people I guess haha!) to minimise the amount of people already on the course :')
Mine isn't particularly fit and is very excitable, but I figured that there's like 3 months to get him fit enough and it'll be nice to have an aim :D

But the horse LOVES xc and Halton in particular so it's not that fair on him to go and not jump :( you should see the looks on his face when we hack past the xc jumps on the farm.