Ragwort up to your arm pits

Visit site
Passed a village where the grave of David Lloyd George is buried on the A 497 and near some bungalows there is a small paddock which is bare. And in this paddock there is ragwort like the size of at least 6 ft tall it covered like a jungle and guess what there is a foal with his mother grazeing what I dont know?.
Why dont people clear ragwort ? doesnt this potray horse owners as selfish and are uncaring towards there horses.

If you have ragwort? please make the effort to remove it.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I make an effort to walk round each of our turn out fields as ragwort time comes round, and considering we graze 247cows in them, they're hardly small, but at the end of it I have peace of mind knowing my horses are safe, so it makes me mad to see people grazing horses among it.
mad.gif

bonney

Visit site
it just goes to show how lazy some owners are. i even pull it out of the grass verges when i am out walking my dog and take it to the nearest bin.

bonney

Visit site
I have heard that but to be honest i have never worn gloves to pull it out. I just wash my hands when i get home
blush.gif

Folara

Visit site
You can report this to the ILPH as I seem to remember that it is considered cruelty/neglect if a horse is grazing in a ragwort infested field.

You can also fill in a complaint form for DEFRA who will then contact the owners to get the land cleared.

Its so flippin annoying that some people really dont seem to care about the welfare of their animals.

allijudd

Visit site
in all honestly i think have the probelm now is from the single farm payment...when farmers were encouraged to grow certain gtypes of crops we didnt really have this probelm...now farmers are classed as guardians more grass is being grown, less crops, mopre feilds being left fallow maibnly by the smaller farmers who cant afford to do something with the land...its all highly annoying...

we have spent thousands clearing the blasted stuff......and yet this year again in the permanent pasture it is back...all becuase 4 years ago someone moved house up the road left feilds fallow, new owners moved in and thought they were pretty flowers........

argggghhhhhhh!