Rah, bloomin horses!

Jemayni

Visit site
I am so depressed, my horse went lame in June but has slowly been getting better, and slowly doing more and more work. I decided I was going to jump him for the first time in 5 months today, took him into the school and he was lame!

Do you think I should ring the vet straight away? he wasn't crippled but he defo wasn't right; I seem to keep doing everthing this blinking vet tells me and nothing is working. Should I try a different vet?

Kelly1982

Visit site
Why dont you ring the vet and ask for there advise, say nothing seems to be working and is there anything else you can try?

Feel really gutted for you though
frown.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Aaw
frown.gif
You poor thing
frown.gif

What was the initial cause of the lameness? Was it something that could still be affecting him now or are you thinking its just completly unrelated? Anything you're aware of that could have caused an issue today?

I -personally- wouldnt call a vet out immediatly unless the lameness was severe (i.e. bone damage type severe) or there was something nasty connected to it (woundy type things). If you think its related to the original problem, then id be inclined to call and ask to speak with your vet at least. If you think its unrelated, then Id leave him tonight, trot him up tomorrow and go from there.

loopylucifer

Visit site
i know the feeling very well!! after 18mths of intermittent lamness might finally be getting to the bottom of it! if its simmilar to before and same leg i would phone vets and have a chat (cheper than a call out!) at least then they can say if they should come see or for you to rest or take horse in to them because if its a reocurring issue then there is an underlying cause that needs sorting. if not same leg/lamness as previously see how he goes in nxt few days as could be totaly unrelated and something like pus in foot! gd luck