Rain how r u all doing !

Scoopy

Visit site
Well our farm sucks, the ditches are high and ponds are full, we are up to our knees in mud, and our horses cant go out as fields are water logged grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, OH has spent most of the week putting wood chippings down, a very kind thank you to the recycle center hehe ! i really do hope the rain stops soon, as we cant take any more water !
frown.gif

How r u all doing ?

Heidi1

Visit site
Mine have been in all this week, fields are just so so wet and the gateway is that horrible thick sticky mud, so just did not want to risk any injuries...... Hopefully will turn then out for a couple of hours at the weekend.......... Just wish everywhere would dry up.........

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
All our horses are still going out - it's suprising actually how well the land is holding up. The 'out' horses are comming in at night on the particularly bad days.

But actually managing quite well at the moment.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
I am incredibly lucky that *crosses fingers* the fields here are OK.Yes,they're a little soggy,but the water drains off them quite quickly so although it's abit m,uddy round the gate area,everywhere else is bearable.....although it doesn't stop the bog pony going off in search of the best place for a muddy roll
shocked.gif
crazy.gif
wink.gif

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Land holding up pretty well here too but torrents of rain have washed stone drive away. Horses still going out, they dont seem to mind and only congregate around gates from about 3pm. Im getting fed up already of getting wet through to my knickers 3 times a day, and its not February yet!

katelarge

Visit site
Horses on my yard are still going out, though not for as long as when it was drier. They have also closed the grass rides as they are too muddy, but there are still surfaced rides (not as good tho). The only trashed field, embarassingly enough, is the one my horse was in until recently, and that he used for drag racing! Eeek!

Tempi

Visit site
our fields are fine, they have really good drainage and we havent had that much rain down here either.

its meant to clear up next week tho so fingers crossed for everyone whos had all this heavy rain that it gets better for you guys
smile.gif

Patches

Visit site
Same as you here.

Not as bad as I expected it would be across the fields. On monsoon days I've been keeping them in so as they're not poaching up the land when water is standing on it. It does dry off to a certain degree quite quickly so whilst the ground is soft and cuts up a bit when they canter across it, I wouldn't say it's a slimy mud bath....not just yet. (apart from a little strip where my "hardy" shetland fence walks when he's decided he wants to come in for a warm!)

They're in at night anyway at the moment. Only miss one or two days turnout maximum in a week. When out, they're out for about 7-8 hours.

BBs

Visit site
Ive been keeping the horses in and just turning out every 2 or 3 days. I use the walker daily and also ride or lunge. They seem quite happy, although they love being out!
The gateway is awful
frown.gif
but the top end of the field seems to be holding up nicely!
Bring back last winter! all is forgiven
frown.gif

miller

Visit site
Squelchy mud in gate was and the odd puddle in the footprints but no rain yesterday and none forecast for us today and hopefully being fenland soil this strong wind will dry it up alot - horses both still out 6am to 6:30 pm daily. I'm sure we'll have to reseed the side they are on for the winter but considering it's the fields first winter it's not done bad and we've still got 15ft to move the fence out.

HBII

Visit site
Well hopefully madam has been out this week as last week the fields were just too bad for her to go out
frown.gif
. Some people may not agree with this but I would sooner she go on the horse walker than go charging down the hill and cause an accident.

Ho hum.

Hb

welshcobabe

Visit site
Doing Ok the horses doing well in it but I am shattered walking in mud takes it out me these day two steps forward and another two back ! It at this moment blowing a gale and the rain is hammering against the windows Joy !

showjump2003

Visit site
I'm trying to get mine out everyday rugged up to their ears just so they can let some energy off as I they hven't been ridden in ages! I don't mid the rain so much, it's the gale force winds e have had for weeks! I live on the end of a peninsula so we have no protection from the wind so hacking has been a big no no for weeks!

siennamum

Visit site
We have thick, peaty holding mud. Still have a couple out 24/7, though the others are in at night.
I am fed up with getting stuck in the mud whilst one horse goes one way and the other wanders off in the other. Foot came out of wellie last week and I had a thick brown mud sock on my foot which I had to put put back into my wellie to get it out of the mud. Yeuk!!

Olliedog

Visit site
OMG! can you send some of that rain over this way? We're right in the middle of the worst drought for about 100 years and all the dams are well below 50%...
frown.gif

Salcey

Visit site
Are horses were wearing arm bands but now they are in!!!! B***dy weather sooner it clears up the better. Might be able to turn out at the weekend if we're lucky, but horses are being sooo good, they are in barns and you can leave the gates open to muck out and they don't even try to get out so I guess they know they're better off in at the mo.
smile.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
The rain has been more the problem here. Our fence was blown down yesterday. Got up to the yard at 7am to muck out and feed the horses and it was chucking it down and rediculously windy. Not much fun trying to muck out in it, nearly got blown off the muckheap ramp. It's not raining now (touch wood).

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
It’s gross here! The fields are wet and muddy but the horses are still out.
crazy.gif

Thanks goad for a well draining school, not a single puddle in there!

moon_drop

Visit site
Our horses have been in since sunday, the park is under a foot of water!!!! again!! We've had a flood warning on the river spey ( the yard is at the mouth of the river on the flood plane) for the past two weeks. it was getting better but started raining again on tuesday and has not stop the river brust its blanks yesterday about two, haven't seen it today did the horses in the dark this moning.I didn't have to swim so I'm gussing its not to bad.
crazy.gif

been walking them out at night, they are happy in their stable's getting lots of hay and carrots!!!
smile.gif

Got to love the weather it's scotland !!!!
smirk.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Got to love the weather it's scotland !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Think you've got some more bad stuff on the way by the sounds of the forcast
frown.gif
frown.gif

Chex

Visit site
Chex field is slowly turning into a giant pond lol. Luckily its hilly field, so the tops should be a bit drier. Most of my rugs are absolutley drenched though. But its supposed to be dry tomorrow...woohoo!